PDA

View Full Version : Scale Problem with xstream

Vass
05-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Hi all
I am making a scene in Vue which will have to be integrated with some Maya 8.5 elements. With the Camera Synch Plugin I imported my camera (originally created in Maya) into Vue and I noticed that my Vue scene was way smaller than the Maya one. The camera moved about 2 meters in Maya, and in Vue that was interpreted as the whole scene's diameter (mountain + lake). At this point I had to scale Vue's scene and this raised an issue: I couldn't render some parts of my scene because they were too far from the camera. I tried changing the atmosphere settings and the clip planes with values of any kind without the scene getting any better. I also tried a preset with no atmosphere but I couldn't get any result as well.

Unfortunately I cannot change the scale in Vue in order to have everything compatible with the Maya Scene.

Any Suggestions?

Thx

AnthonyC
05-04-2007, 04:47 PM
I've also had this problem before and I've informed e-on about this issue. Vue scenes seem to have a limit on it's clipping planes. As a workaround, I had to scale my 3d Max scene down to fit within the Vue scene limits. You might however run into some problems if you have animation keys already set up in your Max/Maya scene.

Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2007, 04:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.