PDA

View Full Version : Digital fighting choreography

PawelLipka
05-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Hello.
I'm an animator from Poland and I've just finished my recent demo:)

http://www.mm.pl/~leru3/pablo/choreo_low.avi

I hope You like it:)

Best regards,
Pawel

screenshots:

b9999
05-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Hello polish brother :)

Your animation is quite nice in general, but I think some of the moves look unnatural, they are way too stiff to resemble real fighting moves.

picolo
05-04-2007, 01:47 PM
cool fight :D

aeres
05-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Looks really nice!! I like the presentation too though it could be more coherent.

but like what b9999 said, some of the animation could use some polishing to make it even more perfect ;).

In terms of rendering and effects, I think it would look extra cool if you could add some sparks or dust when the robots are hit or when they fall. I understand this is mainly to showcase the animation so this is just a suggestion :thumbsup:

CGOutcast
05-04-2007, 04:53 PM
the moves feel linear, not a smooth swing and the hits dont follow thru, what i mean is when someone gets hit in the head the force is then transfered into the head which makes the head bend back along with the neck and upper body. All your forces seem to lose a lot of their power and in some case have too much power for moves that wouldnt inflict that sort of damage. The rendering and editing is great but if you're going for animation you need to really study human movement and forces. Watch some Ultimate fighting to see what im talking about... or capoiera

Booyah
05-04-2007, 04:54 PM
I like it. Are you doing the slow more in post production or did you animate it that way? Watch your ARCS on alot of the moves it looks like they get lost during certain moves especially when jumping in the air those need to be arced as well. I really like the one where the guy gets kicked in the back of the head and stumbles that looked really good. Sound and camera were done well. It might be cool to see your stuff with out any of the camera movements and quick cuts to really get a good eye on the animation but if you keep improving then you don't have too much to worry about.

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2007, 04:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.