PDA

View Full Version : Interest in flight animation tool?

hauklanglo
05-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi all. I'm just wondering if there are any good tools to make realistic looking flight animations like aircrafts, helicopters, spaceships etc and if there is a need for such tools among professional CGI studios.

I’m representing a small games developer who happens to have the technology needed to record realistic flights in a flexible real-time physically correct simulator and then export the flight animation for final polishing and rendering. Any flying concept (helicopters, jets, birds etc) will fly in a very realistic way regardless of weight, power, gravity etc. Especially low weight agile things like unmanned drones and speedy fighters are easy to animate in a very spectacular way. Real existing aircrafts can of course also be handled with very high realism.

Additional tools for formation flights, air combat etc are also a possibility. Exporting data for particle systems, rudder, rotor blades, wings and many other things can also be included in the automation as well as sound data for sound engineers.

I would appreciate comments on whether or not you think there is a need for such tool in the industry. Also comments on what kind of functionality you would like to see in such application would be welcomed. URL to a web site explaining the concept further and demonstrating the beta version will be posted shortly. Stay tuned

Regards

Hauk Langlo

Biometric Game Studios

SyaPed
07-02-2007, 06:02 AM
I would be very interested in this for personal projects.

hauklanglo
07-02-2007, 11:47 AM
I would be very interested in this for personal projects.

Hi. We would appreciate a few word about your personal project. If you send an email to hauk@biometricgames.com (http://forums.cgsociety.org/hauk@biometricgames.com), I will give you more details about our tool and inform about the possibilities to use it. We might conside lending the tool away to the right individuals. Meanwhile there is a very simple web page up om www.biometricgames.com/trueflight (http://www.biometricgames.com/trueflight). These web pages are scetches only, so do not expect much.

Regards Hauk

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2007, 11:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.