PDA

View Full Version : Male face

AngelDream
05-03-2007, 10:10 PM
I've been modeling "this" that is supposed to be a guy. Ok, when my boss showed the wip (here shown) it was told that it more female than male. I would like to know which features I'm missing, which ones I should take into account when building this model. Why does it looks "female-ish"?

newellteapot
05-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Hi!

I don't really see it very femalish as your boss says. The thing that might make him look feminine, though, could be the "pout", too much fat around the mouth, that only children and women have
Women look a bit like kids because of having more fat under the skin. As animals tend not to kill babies, nature thought it was a good idea to give the same feature to women so that they would not be killed or attacked, as they have to carry children and continue the species. Sorry I got carried away but I find anatomy very interesting!

The nose looks a bit too pronounced and "high" to me.

Hope this helps!
:)
Monica

AngelDream
05-18-2007, 04:59 AM
Hey Monica, thanks for your comments. My boss already aproved a model. In the end, the dude only is 300px tall, so with the overall shape it's all we needed. I'm happy for now with this one (tomorrow I won't).
That thing about nature, mothers and killers, is not for real right?? Thanks again!!!

newellteapot
05-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi< I'm glad it went ok in the end :)

That thing you mention is actually a very accredited theory....
In any case, children and women do have more fat under the skin for a series of survival and functional reasons, just look around or check an anatomy book, that's what makes women "curvy".
Cheers
Monica

ashrethore
05-24-2007, 09:11 AM
hi monica.

now only i m starting to using this site. n u r the first person to whom i m giving answer.

ok. look in face modeling its flow should be correct. if flow is correct then u can modify any male model to female and female to male.
mainly in female model there is no details on her face. it should look very soft and delicate.
and in male face it should look very hard. you have to maintain these things and when you doing modeling, you should must use references. there are somany refs on net you can see and easily you can understand. but main thing is that mesh flow. you must follow mesh flow. here i cant see mesh flow in your model. so i cant give you any comments.

i have somany mash flow images if you want it for ur use you can mail me. i will definetly help you.

you can mail me on : ashishrathod.3d@gmail.com

and BEST OF LUCK.

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2007, 09:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.