PDA

View Full Version : cycleCheck warnings

neonoodle
05-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Anyone know why these cycleCheck warnings show up?
ie: // Warning: Cycle on 'joint13_group.translateX' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //

They usually come on when I attach something to a motion path but I got dozens of motion paths going and the warnings are slowing down my scene. I could disable the warnings, but I'd rather find out if there's something I could do to fix them.

tbaypaul
05-04-2007, 01:10 AM
a very easy and extreme example....create two locators...connect the trans y of one to the trans y of the second.....everything still works.......Now connect trans y of second to trans y of first.....this creates a loop o'death.....you can't move either of the locators in y.....cause they each depend on the other to tell them where to go.....

The long and short is that if the error is thrown and everything animates as expected....then it most likely will be okay...so you can turn it off....you can see the loops by graphing objects in the hypergraph

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2007, 01:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.