PDA

View Full Version : inside lightwave 7

wedge
04-03-2002, 03:59 AM
i just got my copy of inside lightwave 7 from Amazon.com... this book is HUGE!!!! its thicker than all my textbooks for this year combined!!!

3disciple
04-03-2002, 04:08 AM
I should be getting my cross-grade 5.6-7.0 from safe harbor soon along with Aura 2.0.

I have seen the Inside LW7 book and it is huge....i hope i can plod through the text. I had a hard enough time with the 5.6 manual since i have this bad habit of learning through trial and error.

If you find this book useful let us know and i might go out and buy it as well...

btw, have any of you guys on the boards tried any of the training videos and are they helpful?

LyonHaert
04-03-2002, 07:26 AM
ILW7 helped me quite a bit. I'm glad I bought it. It covers all sorts of things in LW, almost every chapter about something different.

I've only read about a fourth of it and haven't used much of that information. I read some into animation stuff (expressions, camera movement, etc.), but I'm still on modeling and surfacing. Some of the tips in the camera chapter helped me help another student with camera movement in his project, though.

The text goes kinda fast. It assumes you have an at least novice knowledge of the program, such as being able to get around easily.

wedge
04-03-2002, 11:36 PM
however, there are some sections in the beginning about getting used to the interface... i'm coming from another 3d program, and i found those quite helpful

natski
04-04-2002, 04:58 AM
me too. I found the book much more useful than the manual that ships with LW7. I'm coming from Cinema4d and it (LW) is way different, but ILW7 has helped me a lot.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.