PDA

View Full Version : Maya Zdepth snag (again)

jigen08
05-03-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm working with Maya iffs with their regular z channel. I've used a tutorial I found online (fredrik's from averpil.com) to help make the z channel into something I can use. I think I understand the 32 bit z and the 8 bit rgba concept.

The image seems to be either uniformly blurry or uniformly crisp no matter what adjustments I make in ZBlur or ZDefocus. What am I overlooking? I've also tried putting zNormalize settings to Maya and played with the near and far settings on that, and tried floatZinA off, original and distance. It's probably something very obvious I'm missing...any suggestions? Does the zNormalize Maya setting negate the need to work with the 32 bit/8 bit conversion (I tried it with and without fredrik's tutorial steps)?

Thanks in advance.

jigen08
05-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Never mind, I think it's sorted out. I wasn't setting my far setting high enough.

I also eliminated Fredrik's nifty tutorial and just used Shake's zNormalize with Maya settings and that seems to work.

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2007, 07:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.