PDA

View Full Version : nhmChallenge_MastaKojo

Mastakojo
05-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Finally have the courage to try these challenges. Hope to learn a lot from this. Phase 1 and 2 coming up in a couple of days.

JJASSO
05-03-2007, 07:32 PM
welcome, feel free to ask anything about the matte painting techniques , good luck !

Mastakojo
05-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Thx jamesvfx.

Actually, I just graduated. I'm trained in traditionnal painting and drawing, and I want to take this challenge to see if I can translate what i know in traditionnal medium into digital medium, maybe looking for jobs in that area in the future. I mostly use just simple brush and clone tools for cleaning the plate for now. Is this the way to go?

everlite
05-04-2007, 04:57 AM
Yep that's a start, and don't forget when using the brush tool, Alt and space are your best friend, start off really high res (2k+) stick on ya brush using alt to sample surrounding colours (to colour match the plate) and space to wizz around :) oh and don't forget your selection tools, these are your friends too.

Looking forward to your entry.

- Dave :thumbsup:

Eligh
05-04-2007, 12:00 PM
welcome here Mastakojo, wish you good luck and lots of fun, i am sure that you can get out a lot from this challange. :)

and yep how dave said before, the clone-, brush- and selection tools will help you quit a lot in the first two stages but donīt forget your perspective grids and the colorcorrection (eg. colorbalance, curves and hue saturation)

Hope this helps a lil bit and looking forward to your entry, too.

greetings

eligh

Mastakojo
05-04-2007, 02:30 PM
After about 3 hrs of cleaning...I'm so slow :shrug:

http://icatstudio.com/chung/nhm_challenge_plate_mastakojo.jpg

milanschere
05-07-2007, 10:39 AM
maybe try giving a greater feeling of depth on the ground
by not having it all seem the same...

CGTalk Moderation
05-07-2007, 10:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.