PDA

View Full Version : Challenge issues resolved here

lildragon
03-13-2003, 11:12 AM
here

fellipe
03-17-2003, 01:52 AM
can we do more then one character with vehicles and a HQ in the same pic?

2d wise

Brown_V
03-23-2003, 12:45 AM
Can I post a friendly challenge of my own? Or is it posted from moderators only?

Kirt
03-23-2003, 02:02 AM
fellipe - Yes, you can.

Brown_V - The International CG Challenges (http://www.cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=65) are determined by the Moderators and Administrators of CgTalk and you shouldn't post challenges here.

However, you're welcome to post your challenge in the WIP or 2D forum (depending on the specifics of the challenge). Maybe it'd be a good idea to PM one of the Moderators of the forum before you post though. Just to make sure it's ok with them.

ckw01hk
03-23-2003, 06:32 PM
hi, do i need to provide a detail story of my character? or will it be ok if writing a few lines about the concept and design of the character? i am new to the challenge and i want to draw something.
and i see that there is button for submission on the challenge page, what is the difference between that submission and the threads here?

thank you for answering. :bounce:

Kirt
03-23-2003, 06:51 PM
ckw01hk - According to the rules (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49236) ...4) It's imperitive to provide a background story and sketch/concept drawing.If writing isn't one of your strengths, I think it'll be OK to just provide a basic description of the character. But, you should have something other than just the illustration.

The challenge site was created to make it easier to view and to rank the entries after the deadline. You must add your image to the site if you want to enter this challenge. (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36745)

Brown_V
03-24-2003, 04:43 AM
Thanks much :D

tmt
03-24-2003, 03:48 PM
It is not an issue, but I think this problem must be solved. If I start a thread on a challenge, working on my ideas, I'd like to get some comments or critics - even some flame :). Be correct: just a few frequenters doing so...

Why?

Kirt
03-24-2003, 04:34 PM
tmt - I really don't know. :shrug: I did my best to get members to vote on the 2D challenges last time around, but we really can't do anything to make people visit/comment/rate if they don't want to.

I'll do what I can at the risk of being labelled a "whiner" but I think ultimately it's up to everyone to do their best work and wait until the members recognize the 2D entries.

Viva La 2D Revolution!!! :D

dmcgrath
03-26-2003, 05:53 AM
I have a ?

What about a hapless team? I am assuming that it would be okay to have a main character and a sidekick. Will this still fall in the regs?

I might not do it, but I am curious.

Kirt
03-26-2003, 08:36 AM
Good thing I come here often, huh? No one seems to be answering questions in the 2D forum. :D

Teams seem to be OK. I noticed a few entries in the 3D challenges that had more than one hero. So, go for it :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.