PDA

View Full Version : how to make a character with loaded motion capture animation move on a path? (3d max)

Piotrek255
05-03-2007, 10:47 AM
I have a motion capture animation of a character running straight, i looped it 10 times and now he's running straight really far off... how can i make it so that he runs on a path set by me, with the animation of running from my BIP file(motion capture).

i suppose there is some way to store the animation of running and define a path with keyframing the start position, and end position on that path, so that the character runs on the path using the stored animation(with a loop), but i dont know how to do it...

will someone help me on this one? thanks

ErikSvensson
05-03-2007, 10:53 AM
parent all joints / controllers to a main controller under neath, then have the bottomcontroller be linked to the spline, then adjust time so the feet won't slide. :)

Erik

Piotrek255
05-03-2007, 08:02 PM
thats a great tip, thanks, but i dont understand one thing. how to parent all joints / controllers to a main controller( i created a circle spline as a controller) under neath? what option should i use?

ErikSvensson
05-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Long time since I used max, but in maya i just select all the things that makes the character to move (the controllers) and select the controller that will move all characters, then press P (parent) and it's done. The controllers is underneath the big "all"-controller in the hiearchy. You can always make a group of the controllers and have the group move along a spline as well. :thumbsup:

Erik

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2007, 10:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.