PDA

View Full Version : Coverting .bip for use in motionbuilder?

ReflectingAbyss
05-02-2007, 10:22 PM
I can't figure out how to convert the .bip files I have for use in motionbuilder. I've tried following the instructions in this pdf (http://www.alias.com/eng/support/motionbuilder/knowledgebase/S0072/Bring_CS_Animation_in_MB.pdf), however the end result is two skeletons, one in a t-pose and the other with over 10,000 frames and about a second of animation on it.

The software I have access to is 3d studio max 8 and motion builder 7.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ReflectingAbyss
05-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Also- if this is impossible, please let me know, I don't want to be spending too long trying to figure out how to do this

ReflectingAbyss
05-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Alright- I followed the tutorial included in motionbuilder and it still isn't working properly. I'm trying to use the .bip files in motionbuilder by exporting the model, both with and without animation, in .fbx format and then editing them in motionbuilder.

When I chose "plot to control rig" it gaves me an error message saying there is no character or control rig in the source file. I attempted to make a control rig for the exported .fbx file, with the animation, and for some reason the animation has been extended over more than 1,000 frames. When I try importing the .fbx file (set up with a control rig in motionbuilder) without animation, 3d studio max crashes. I'm not sure what exactly is going wrong.

ANY suggestions/ help would be greatly appreciated right now :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-10-2007, 09:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.