PDA

View Full Version : Zsjasper huntress rigging maya 8

zsjasper
05-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi there !
This is my entry to the challenge
For the chest I tried N8Girard's method with jiggle deformer, and N8Girard's thread and techs helped me a lot:D. Thanks!

ok my demo reel for this challenge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNVVH5VLZ4s

feel free to CC:)

HellBoy
05-03-2007, 10:05 AM
really nice :thumbsup:

Dragwah
05-08-2007, 04:48 PM
That was amazing. I loved the shoulders (they don't pinch!) although the skin on the torso underneath the arms moves too much outwards when she fully raises her arm. Also the wrist volume collopses when the wrist moves up and down (look at the wrist part again). I think it might be the weight maping rather than the actual rigg though.

I LOVE the cloth. How did you do that? Where you using gravity field and wind dynamics?

Also how did you do the face? Clustors connected to controlers or blends connected to controlers?

Thanks for sharing your Awsome work

zsjasper
05-09-2007, 06:58 AM
HellBoy: thanks for your appreciation.

Dragwah: thanks for your nice words,
yes, I have to say there are really many many weighting problem in the rigging, the leg, the wist, the arm :(, the weighting process is a little bit borring to me, so i just did a simple weighting before I finished the video:blush:. Thanks very much for your tips, I will fix that :)

For the cloth simulation, I just used the cloth plugin Syflex. It is a very easy and powerful cloth solver. The bottom links are the syflex nodes I used in my project and the syCloth1Trs settings.The syGravity1Trs in my project is -0.17. The test animation in the video is very simple, so i did not use the collisions.

For the facial, I used the curves on the faces as the inffulences of the skin. Then cluster the vertex on the curves and set driven key to the contrllers. I got this idears from the Warren Grubb's method in the film "Delgo". Here is his tutorials

http://www.highend3d.com/maya/tutorials/character/276.html
Hope it is useful for u.

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2007, 06:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.