PDA

View Full Version : Love Struck Dan

Darknessseeker0
05-02-2007, 03:13 AM
Hey guys. I just finished another shot for my animation II class at SCAD. Please feel free to let me know what you think about it. :D

Love Struck Dan (http://www.jocelyncofer.com/Linux/loveStruckDanLinux.mov)

Booyah
05-02-2007, 05:59 PM
nice animation, there are a few parts where the blue guy holds for too long like at the beginning when he first looks away there are like 15 frames of him in a hold position when it should be more like a moving hold, as if he were slightly moving away from her with his hips, shy guys usually have a problem holding still when there is a girl that they like around, it will be suttle like the tapping of a foot or figitting with the hands. nice secondary action with the tails and very sweet ending pose.
PS. I checked out your website and you have some other nice animations but your site is awful. Maybe you haven't updated it in awhile but remember that an empoyer is most likely going to see your work from your site and yours needs make over. I see you listed under skills that you know flash but your website looks all html, too cluttered, too bland and doesn't do your animation justice. Presentation is the key in a website not just placement of your work.

Darknessseeker0
05-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Hey Booyah,

Thanks a bunch for the crit! I'm not a guy and I've never really been approached by a guy before, so you've given me some really insightful information about how this situation would happen in real life. Thanks! The subtle nervous weight shifts are an excellent idea! I'll trim the beginning down some, thanks for pointing that out.

Lol, yeah my site does suck. I should remove Flash from my resume since its being misinterpreted. All I know how to do is animate in flash. I dont know anything about building websites. I just put something really simple and easy to navigate together in Frontpage. Do you have any tips on how I can improve my site without doing a bunch of fancy things?

Darknessseeker0
05-03-2007, 01:51 AM
Hey guys, I just finished making a few small changes based on some feedback that I recieved...

I added some slight movement to Dan when the girl kisses him. I also adjusted her timing so Dan reacts after she starts pulling away from him. I tightened up the spacing on the trans y of Dan's run and I added more drag to his tail when he comes down after being kissed. I also pushed his fluttering feet some more.

Hopefully everything looks better as the result.

http://www.jocelyncofer.com/Linux/loveStruckDanLinux.mov

PSekal
05-03-2007, 09:54 PM
very nice animation but after the kiss tail could be a little more snappy and the feets a little delay

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2007, 09:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.