PDA

View Full Version : Comp and Render

Arcangel
03-13-2003, 05:57 AM
"Ok I have a problem Im rendering transparencies in hair geometry and want to composite it later but reading the image into my comp pakage the apha channels show the mask on the geometry and not the transparency so is there a work around to this or do I just have to work around it another way any help will be greatly appreciated... "

:eek:

Octagon
03-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Arcangel
"Ok I have a problem Im rendering transparencies in hair geometry and want to composite it later but reading the image into my comp pakage the apha channels show the mask on the geometry and not the transparency so is there a work around to this or do I just have to work around it another way any help will be greatly appreciated... "

:eek:

Well, if you provided more info as to how your transparencies are generated and/or how your shadow is calculated we might help.

sounds like the old transparency mapping problem where a dmap shadow cannot correctly render the transparency. use raytraced shadows.

matthias

Arcangel
03-13-2003, 07:52 PM
Ahh yes I did raytrace the render and tried a regular dmap render. I even tried a hot pink type of blue screen mask in the comp but still came out with some residual pink alaising. So what I ended up in doing was importing the background elements that i needed and rendering over that. Just wondered if there was a way around this. The problem isnt the the raytraced image it is that Im using the alpha channels in the image to mask out the background color to comp over a prerendered background

kag122
03-17-2003, 01:18 AM
The pink edges are a comp issue and have nothing to do with maya.

Read in the manual of your compositing package about "pre-multiplied" images.

Me simply telling you how to fix this would not let you learn, sorry:(

I'll give you one hint also, look up in maya whats the composite setting does in render globals.
(under "render options")

This should point you in the right direction.

Arcangel
03-17-2003, 01:25 AM
Thak You My friends for your help I will make it so.......:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.