PDA

View Full Version : MR Batch Rendering - Deformer issues

CartoonBeardy
05-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi all, Long time lurker finally coming out the wood work to ask you for a little help.
I've seen plenty of threads dealing with Batch Render issues but I couldn't see anything that covered this specific issue....

I'll be honest with you, I have posted this question to a few other forums (Highend) but have not recieved a reply to it which makes me wonder if theres any solution at all...

Anyway enough preamble heres the problem.....

Basically I have a couple of characters, which are comprised of smoothed poly bodies with an IK rig in them and wire deformers for the Eyebrows and Mouth. The eyes are comprised of two NURB spheres, one for the eyeball and one for the eyelid; the eye NURB parts are both affected by a lattice deformer with clusters at the top and bottom.

Right now the issue...

When I render individual images using Mental Ray using Final Gather preview everything seems fine until I run the same settings using Batch Render...

Heres the individual frame render of frame 129
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/lightwave7871/129_FrameRender.jpg

Heres the same frame, same settings using Batch render
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/lightwave7871/129_BatchRender.jpg

What appears to be happening is that the lattice that deforms the eyelids, is now no longer deforming the eyes themselves... Interestingly the batch render issue does not happen if I use maya software render or if I run the animation to a file using Playblast. It only occurs when I use Batch Render in conjunction with Mental Ray....

While I was trying to get this to work I also tried baking the animation of the clusters incase there was an issue there but still nothing....

So what am I missing? Is there a work around? Something that renders off multiple individual frames automatically without having to use Batch rendering?

All and any help greatly appreciated

Thanks for your time guys....

Heres hoping for a solution :)

CartoonBeardy
05-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Ok, one additional question that might help sort this out that hopefully someone can answer...

If the frames render out individually fine then is there a way to get the preview render to work in a batch like way... i.e. Render an individual frame, save and then move on?

Again any help on this would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers

CartoonBeardy
05-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Don't worry about replying a solution has been found...

With thanks to Escape Studios forum, the suggestion was to create a geometry cache for the eyes and this worked a treat and Mental ray now batch renders fine...

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
05-02-2007, 02:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.