PDA

View Full Version : Masking based of of Vert Velocity Animation

Adam
05-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Hey fellas,
I just wanna show off a little mel I made over the last couple of days. It allows you to create masks based on per vert velocity from previous frame. This allows you to create layered shaders based on vert speed (such as I did on this example) or alter the emmision rate of partciles based of of velocity (whcih is also in the example). Pretty much anything that can use a mask as an input can now use a mask based on velocity as input. Tell me what you think! The only real thing I have left to do is to give you the option for the mask to fade out more gradually instead of abruptly masking when velocity from the last frame is 0. This shouldnt be to bad to put in... I just havent gotten to it yet. I put this in the mel forum area but since so few ever look in there I thought I would throw it up here as it is a finished animation test for a mel script.

By the way the animation, rig and model was created by my co-worker Luis Sanchez. I much appreciate him letting me use it to try the script out on. All I did was add the shader effect, partciles, and basic lighting and rendering.

http://www.projectmodernity.com/up/rath_motion.mov

Whitmire
05-01-2007, 10:07 PM
That's pretty interesting stuff Adam. I can definately imagine some cool stuff with some nice, quick, acrobatic animation.

Adam
05-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Yeah Im actually working on a new character to try it out on again. I think there is actually a lot of areas you can use it for in maya.

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2007, 11:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.