PDA

View Full Version : Fusion on Vista

Darkling
05-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi guys,

Just wondering if Fusion works on Vista?

ndog
05-02-2007, 02:05 AM
I think people may be running it on Vista but in March I was told it was not officially supported on Vista.

Darkling
05-02-2007, 08:17 AM
Thanks ndog, I tried it last night before I left work... No dice.

Seems to crash on startup, I may have tried on a dodgy box, so I will try again tonight.

hauntedspace
05-02-2007, 04:12 PM
I've been trying to get DXF Plus to run on Vista with no luck - same problem, crashes on startup. Tried installing/running with compatiblity mode, admin, etc. but nothing works. Just have to trash the software which is too bad because it's quite useful.

I was informed by Eyeon that it's "obsolete" so no Vista support, and as a "one man dog and pony show" I really can't justify spending thousands on whatever their new replacement software is coming out.

I'll miss DXF....

Jayk2k
05-02-2007, 07:43 PM
I've been running Fusion 5 and DFX+ 5 under Vista with out too many problems (short of bad hardware drivers for video etc. )

Version 4 software however will not run. It was written before Vista was an OS and is no longer a supported version.

Darkling
05-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Hmm, no luck here.

It works on my crappy XP box, but crashes just after the splash in Vista... Oh well.

edit: Thanks jayk2k, what hardware are you running? And which drivers have given you problems, and what, if anything, have you had to change in the compatability settings tab for Fusion?

Thanks.

Jayk2k
05-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Most likely related to video drivers then. With Vista being so new, a lot of the video card drivers i've seen are really 1/2 broken at best. It's nice that Vista will not crap out completely, but I think there is a long way to go.

CGTalk Moderation
05-02-2007, 08:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.