PDA

View Full Version : Editing texture map in photoshop

macoy
04-03-2002, 01:35 AM
here's what've done in xsi2. There's a skin behind the front glassy panel, now I wanna use a transparent map to make "holes" on the skin where those knots are. I wanna edit the tranparency map in ps so it will fit the location of the knots. But how can I know where exactly those knots are in PS? Is there any way that I can export a map with the outlines of the knots and then I know where I should paint holes in PS?
Use viewport capture?

EdHarriss
04-03-2002, 05:38 AM
Use the texture editor or one of the "Stamper" type of tools in the netview. Either of those should do what you want.

macoy
04-03-2002, 08:39 AM
I tried texture editor, but could find the command, and the problem is, the skin and the knots are seperate objects, while editing the skin mesh in texture editor, i cant see the points of the knots........

Atyss
04-03-2002, 10:30 AM
What I do in such cases and don't want to bother with commands, I hide everything except the object and take a print screen of the object in wireframe mode (you must be facing what side you want, of course). Then I paste this in Photoshop and create my texture on that.

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

macoy
04-03-2002, 11:40 AM
Thx Atyss, that's what I've been thinking, but wanna know about the command as well:P

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.