PDA

View Full Version : Short Film: The Zeta Project

TerrestrialSea
03-13-2003, 04:52 AM
Title: The Awakening
Length: Short Film 10 Minutes
Style: Matrix fighting and futuristic flying!
People: Lerpidood, TerrestrialSea, unlevel, Quandary, JIII, dodo3d

This will be a short animation project done during our spare time. It will be about a master robot with an apprentice. The main theme will be the two flying through a futuristic city with a lot of Background activity fighting each other in a kung Fu Matrix style fight. This is of course very rough and I will talk to Lerpidood some more and settle all the details.

This should be a very interesting project. Don't expect this project to be done tomorrow, it will probely be done next year. But that is of course pure speculation. I'm not making any promises.

Update:

We need more people to join our project! Modelers, Animators, Skinners, ect... This is going to be a huge project and we need all the help we can get!

We had a small get together in #wurxware with several of the people on this project. We established the name of the project and the name of some of the characters.

Established Ideas:

[list=1]
Main Charactor will be named "Monica-01".
Her evil counterpart is "Veingor".
The city will be New York City.
The final fight scene will take place in a Temple.
[/list=1]
Assingments:

[list=1]
Lerpidood will produce the script and have it ready near the end of this week.
unlevel will be our reference scout on this project. He is currently finding city reference material.
Quandary will start the modeling of the evil "Vaingor".
TerrestrialSea will start the concept drawing for various building, charactors, and misc. items.
Everyone will start meeting in #wurxware channel on efnet.
[/list=a]

This is all I have for now... I will update this page as the project progress's!

JIII
03-13-2003, 04:53 AM
count me in.

unLevel
03-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Lerpidood, I'm just waiting to hear some more from you on this, me and TerrestrialSea talked some last night..

I've got some ideas for the "master robot" and his space ship, if he needs one...

I just don't want to change your original idea, so please, rant on and on about your ideas for this...

dodo3d
03-13-2003, 03:24 PM
I like the idea untill now ,even if it's still not clear to my imagination but I still feel the sci-fi enviorment on it

I am working these days in some kind of a big fighting robot (still in the first steps) I thought may be it will be helpful in this project.

if u need to conut me in I am on it ,also if u like to see the done parts of my robot it's here

Good luck ppl ,can't wait to read the full story board of the zeta project
by the way why zeta???
:beer:

JIII
03-14-2003, 06:49 PM
are there any updates on this project yet?

TerrestrialSea
03-15-2003, 04:29 AM
I'm glad there is an interest in this project and don't think that I am not paying any attention to it.
I went on vacation the morning after I posted this thread, but come Monday I will have talked to
those involved and I will update this thread as necessary.

Thanks Everyone! More will come soon. :buttrock: :thumbsdow

Ultragames
03-15-2003, 09:02 PM
This sounds great. All though I am not good enough to help out, I would love to see how it evolves into a movie!

unLevel
03-17-2003, 01:05 AM
TerrestrialSea, when will, and if, will Lerpidood put his thoughts on this project?

I'd sure like to get started sometime, and I've got a few ideas about the master robot (namely his spaceship), but I'd like to talk to him first...

JIII
03-17-2003, 03:08 AM
if your looking for the lerpie dude you can some times find him on the IRC cgtalk channel.

lerpiedood
03-17-2003, 05:35 AM
Well hello! I see my intrest in making a sort film has spread. The story mentioned above was a concept story I made while chatting with terrestial. Since then I have designed some more and developed a good story, that is mostly focused on pure martial arts fighting. The film will be around 10-15 mins long. Warning, this project will have alot of detail and models, maybe certain people will be asigned certain roles for models, depending on their skill and amount of time and effort they are willing to do.

The story is simply about the first cyborg escaping from the lab were she is being held against her will. It's a simple straight forward plot. The film will take place in a futuristic new york city section with hover cars roaming the skys. The military will also have cool mechs. She will have to fight scientists, cops, military guards, robots, and other obsticles. There will also be a scene in which she is in a car chase, and another in which she is driving a mech. The final scene will be a 1 min one on one fight scene, with her and another cyborg.

I have not given it a title, or her a name yet. The project will need many models. I'd love for peoples help, if you're willing to. I live in Sandy, Utah, so if anyone is in the area, it would be great to meet up and work on the project. I see that terrestial lives in Utah, maybe springville ain't too far from SLC or sandy.

I also have been procrastinating in modeling, well if been making progress because I've been concept designing, but this project will be good because it will force me to work and not procrastinate :). This week I'll try to write the whole film script, from there we can start making concept sketches and previz animations. Well it's bed time, nite!

dodo3d
03-17-2003, 11:33 AM
nice story :thumbsup:
keep going

JIII
03-17-2003, 06:19 PM
I know a little about martial arts, so if you want to make the fighting look really genuine and not "movie style" I can help with that.

lerpiedood
03-17-2003, 11:55 PM
Heh, I too know Martial arts and have enrolled myself in a Kung Fu class.

JIII
03-18-2003, 04:08 AM
Yeah I used to take JKD (bruce lee started it). I sucked but thats okay it was fun.

we should all learn about one martial art so that the dudes fighting actually are doing diffrent styles.

TerrestrialSea
03-18-2003, 07:38 AM
Thats a good idea JIII and Lerpidood but i think we should worry about modeling the charactors and city before we start discussing what kind of style they will be using.

Lerpidood, i would like to talk with you about the charactors and how they are going to look so that we can start concept drawings. I have a few ideas about what kind of clothing and body types they'll have but i'd like to get your input as well as unlevel, JIII, and dod3d's ideas all on one page.

JIII
03-18-2003, 06:21 PM
I think we all need to be on IRC cgtalk at one time if you as ask me. that would be easiest

unLevel
03-19-2003, 02:59 AM
Ok, some futuristic city ideas for you guys to drool over:

http://www.mojoko.com/show2/cityscape/cityscape_w1600.jpg
from this thread:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44960&perpage=15&highlight=city%20layout&pagenumber=3

JIII
03-19-2003, 03:44 AM
wow just wow if we could get anything even close to that level in our short it would totally rock. Course render times would be off the wall but who cares :P

dodo3d
03-19-2003, 11:46 AM
It's really great work
hia ppl who is in charge of the 2d stuff here cause I think we need to start desiging some 3d models ....

by the way take a look at this one too it's really a great envoirement for the story we have here with alittel changes to it:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46194

JIII
03-19-2003, 05:55 PM
unfortunately i am not sure if we even have a 2D concept guy yet.

unLevel
03-19-2003, 07:38 PM
JIII, I talked to terrestrialsea and lerpidood the other day and I know that lerpidood has most of the storyboard stuff worked out, though not finalized...

I'm just kinda hanging around this project, cause I don't got mad skillz like you guys...

But: LERPIDOOD:

I have a book on city design and I should be scanning images for you guys tonight....

JIII
03-19-2003, 08:36 PM
sweet I didnt know the lerp was our concept guy.

something tells me we need more communication.

unLevel
03-20-2003, 03:30 AM
He's not the concept guy, he's started this project and is the one with the story...

Yes, we do NEED communication...
Anyone got some string and some soup cans?

EDIT: or msn messenger?

JIII
03-20-2003, 03:36 AM
well i use aim, and the cgtalk irc channel can also be used but thats notreally it. we need to figure out where everyone lives. and then get the time zones all sorted out so we can all be in the same place at the same time.

my aim name is RJH249 if anyone wants to contact me.

JIII
03-20-2003, 03:37 AM
I personally dont want to see lack of communication kill this project

unLevel
03-20-2003, 03:40 AM
I added you, but you're not on?

mine is unlevelcreations

Considering me nor you are the leaders of this project, maybe we could just shoot the breeze awhile..

JIII
03-20-2003, 04:02 AM
attention lerp and terrestrialsea.

would you please please please post or pm your aim s/n's

lerpiedood
03-20-2003, 05:07 AM
Hey, I am a pretty good 2d artist and can do some concept art. Not all of course but some. I have now seriously put some work in and wrote a 6 page script today. take the time to read it, it's not fully complete just basic atm. Still need to do some planing and story design.
here's the link, I found a pretty good free host :) Terrestrial is working on getting us some free profesional space and domain.
http://wurxware.ionichost.com/script.doc

TerrestrialSea
03-20-2003, 06:25 AM
I don't really use AIM or MSN, i'm always in Mirc. If i'm on my computer I will be on Mirc. I genreally use the screen name TerrestrialSea or my new favorite TSGarp. I always join #cgtalk #wings3d #maya and #wurxware

#wurxware will be our chat channel and meeting room. I would like everyone to join this channel when ever they are online so that we can always be in contact.

I'm not sure when, but i want to organize a meeting with everyone on the project so that we can brain storm and sort ideas out.

My email is clee@mstar2.net

I want everyone who is on this project to contact me by e-mail and tell me what you are going to able to help with and what you would like to do. I am setting up a site with this information. Please do so as soon as possible.

Lerpidood: The link to the script you posted is bad. I have uploaded and alternate.

Awakening Script (http://www.angelfire.com/in4/3d0/script.doc)

unLevel
03-20-2003, 12:51 PM
email is sent...

JIII
03-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Houston we have communication. houston we dont have a problem. it looks like this project in finaly taking off.

sweet

and my email was just sent.

dodo3d
03-21-2003, 11:51 AM
ok ,I send the mail
Good luck ppl
WHERE IS THE 2D STUFF ???

dodo3d
03-21-2003, 01:15 PM
I am reading the script and I really like it good work man

but what is the (Wurxware studios)???
and in the Scene 3 : the escape -------> I thought that about hacking the elevitor pass word she can get a cable from her back nick and conect it with the elevator monitor and hack the it's system to decode the pass...

unLevel
03-21-2003, 04:00 PM
Not entirely sure, but lerpidood said soemthing about working more on that story....

Like give it more of a story behind it, like plot, and all that stuff...
And details, like maybe a short history of the girl cyborg? What she did to get experimented on? We could do quite a few pages on just her experimentation, and give it a really nice and gut wrenching feel to it...

I'm not the best of writers, but I"ve got some ideas....want me to post a few of them?

Like maybe an intro paragraph? Or a family background?

dodo3d
03-21-2003, 05:15 PM
cool
I think it will be nice if we here more ideas like (unLeve) idea
like making her remember her past in the first scene while she is geting the cable from her body (play back) one ...
it's will be good background for the film but dose the 10-15 min will be enough for all that???

lerpiedood
03-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Anoche(last night) whilst meditating in my sleep as I usually do, some great ideas came to me about a good story. As we have if planned now is good for something like a music video, but it's all action and not much story or acting even. I have developed a actual story with drama and such. This is now going to be mote like a movie. I am planning on making a movie, we'll make it in various parts of ten or so minutes long. The new story is basically like this. In the future a power hungry insane scientist guy develops himself into a powerful cyborg, and he becomes a superhuman. He and an army of robots then take over the democracy. At this time the world is united with 1 government. He crowns himself emperor. There is alot of rebelion going on and lots of fighting. His monarchy enslaves people and turns people into cyborgs to fight in thee army. Each person has an implanted chip to control them. Most people's bodies can't handle the implants and they die. That's the first part. In the second part a girl grows up in hiding from the army. One day her family and her are found. The miltia kills her parents in the name of veingor and force her to join the army. She is then made a cyborg. She takes well to the implants. When she's about 19 another cyborg removes the chip implanted in her head. Her consiousness returns and the last thing she can remember is when she was captured 9 years ago. The other cyborg thenn teaches her about what's going on and tells her that her body has 100% accepted the implants unlike his. His has only accepted about 75%. He then tells her that he believes if he trains her how to use her implants she may be able to defeat veingor and restore a democracy. He trains her underground for about a year, till she's ready. Her final test is a fight with her master, if she defeats him, they will raise an army and revolt against the new monarchy. In the third film they steal military weapons and aircraft and invade the palace. Monica will meet up with veingor and will have to defeat him. She defeats him, but instead of restoring the democracy she becomes power hungry and makes herself queen. She starts rebuilding what's been destroyed, abolishes slavery, and pays her workers. People seem to like her much and call her the messiah. If we make more films Monica's trainer and love will die, monica will have children, and when her love dies she goes insane and inflicts evil on the world, and she starts to lead expeditions to conquer new planets.

lerpiedood
03-21-2003, 05:38 PM
Wurxware is my studio located in my basement, we have about 5 members.

JIII
03-21-2003, 05:42 PM
I understand what you wrote in your big post lerp. but thats probibly cause i was there when it was figured out. its a great idea and all but....

can you write in paragraphs please :)

lerpiedood
03-21-2003, 07:03 PM
Hehehe, sorry. I was typing that in tv production class and had to type real fast.

unLevel
03-21-2003, 08:12 PM
can we call ourselves "basement slaves of wurxware studios"?

Lerpiedood, it actually shocks me something terrible and painful to realize that you said you was "meditating" in your sleep and came up with this.

Why? you ask?

It is because that is exactly what happens to me often, sometimes forced, but my better ideas just come to me in the blue while I"m almost asleep, but still thinking....

I like your ideas quite a lot, and we could really go somewhere with this...

I can totally "visualize" with this...hehe...

I think that this might go somewhere, and I"m here until the end....as "grand opinionated person" of course...

I don't know how much modeling and such I can do, but I'd love to brainstorm some about this, and maybe I can suggest storyboard ideas....nothing big, but just small adjustments as we go along, such as architectural nick pickies...

TerrestrialSea
03-21-2003, 09:17 PM
OK... The story is coming along were nicely! Congrats to lerpidood!

Now what needs to happen is the concept drawing stage. I have made several, I'm just waiting to either get a new scanner or get mine fixed. if any of you guys have made any concepts drawings or little scketchs, just post'em so we can see what you guys are thinking and seeing.

Lerpidood - I havn't see Monica-01 yet, i dunno if you have an update, but that is something that needs to be posted.

JIII - I'm not sure if you have started on the mech or robots, but once you get a chance please post.

I'm not sure who was going to do what.. but for everyone else please post whatever progress you have. I'm not trying to be a pest, but I would like to get this project off the ground and the second step will be to start creating the large amount of modelings and art work that will have to go into this project.

do doop do doop...I'm spending my holiday cleaning up my house and doing some modeling in 3dsmax. Also, thanks everyone for your e-mails. I have already started on the web site and added that information. I will have the site posted as soon as I find the time to finish it up and sign-up for some free hosting. Unlevel i know you wanted to help out on the site, so before I post it i'm going to send it to you and let you have at it for a while. I wasn't sure if you wanted to do the actual design or just the PHP and MySQL programming... Post me back and let me know.

unLevel
03-21-2003, 10:03 PM
Do we have a host yet?
Do you know php?

I'd really like to know what host we have, as I'm looking for one for myself...

If we have one that has mysql AND php, I can setup some stuff for us, though it's mostly through mybrother who can code html really nice and is learning php..

I design, he codes, we work as a team...

I do know how to setup and manage a variety of forums: phpbb, ibf, vbulletin, etc...

I also got hit with my remembrance that I have a whole book in my backpack with different city plans called "designing a city" or something that I checked out from the library, and immediately forgot about...

Terrestrialsea, what is our host?
If it's a free host, I'd greatly appreciate a name and/or a link, as I"m looking for one myself (I already said this, didn't I?)

btw, did you get my email about the pipni.cz, I don't think we can use that one, as you have to BUY a domain name, then get the webhosting free...

It took quite a bit of translating, but me and another cgtalker figured it out enough to sign up, then I got a bill....

unLevel
03-21-2003, 10:04 PM
Oh, terrestrialsea...

If you want to do the design, or if you want both of us to do it, whatever is fine with me...

It doesn't matter, and I'm not an all great designer anyways...

lerpiedood
03-21-2003, 10:58 PM
Well, right now I've been modeling a woman. But I don't think this will be Monica-6014(that's who she is now) but maybe veingor's wife. Monica won't be in the first film, which will basically be the take over of Veingor. So she is not high demand right now.

After I wright the script with lines and everything for each film, there will be three, I'll start doing some concept sketches. If anyone wants to sart sketching, so we can get some ideas. We still need the same vehicles and city. Though we'll also need a destroyed version of the city.

You guys are called associates of wurxware.

The host we have now is a free host called http://www.coolfreepages.com and it has unlimited bandwidth and mysql features, also ftp access and 50 megs of space, with only 1 pop under ad. We're looking into payed hosting and a domain.

Also we need a new name for this project, so anyone who can think up of a good name, will be praised :)

unLevel
03-21-2003, 11:25 PM
Hey, lerpidood, I might suggest looking at www.f2o.org

You'll have to make a convincing arguement, and it is my advice if you include something like "I hope to learn something through this experience" cause that's what they are founded on, learning through experiencing building websites...

I would also advise to sign up for yourself, and just have this as a project under you...

unLevel
03-22-2003, 02:19 AM
hey, guys, I've been searching for a free host, as I've said like 3 times now...

I'm currently going to test http://www.3x.ro this weekend...

I may put up a site, maybe a blog, and see about a forum...

They force a banner ad on your site, but I'd rather a banner ad than a popup, but htat's just me...

I'lll keep you updated, unless you could care less about me and wish I'd just leave you alone....hehe....unless you think I'm serious and really DO hate me....

then I might cry, though probably not...*sniff*

JIII
03-22-2003, 03:08 AM
woo hoo we have four pages

lerpiedood
03-22-2003, 04:59 AM
I don't know if you know this but I am a pretty good web designer. I don't know php, though if someone could help me add php functionality to my site I'd be happy. Check out the design of my site.MY SITE! (http://wurxware.ionichost.com)

I also did some work on my model today, here's an update. You can also see this image in my new avatar. Cause you said you'd like to see some work.

The image (http://wurxware.ionichost.com/3d_monica.html)

Quandary One12
03-22-2003, 08:00 AM
Hay all I know I have yet to post but that is in part to my busy work week. "sigh" Well as of right now you all have 20mb of web space, no web ads and ftp access on my site and i can't forget you all so have e-mail addresses.

To get to your site do
www.qone12.com/~ then your nick here, all so make sure to add the ~ before the nick

www.qone12.com/~lerpidood
www.qone12.com/~terrestrialsea
www.qone12.com/~unlevel
www.qone12.com/~jiii
www.qone12.com/~dodo3d
on a side note if you need more mb please tell me....

Now on to the e-mail it's your name @qone12.com
so thats

lerpidood@qone12.com
terrestrialsea@qone12.com
unlevel@qone12.com
jiii@qone12.com
and i most not forget dodo3d
dodo3d@qone12.com

To set it up in outlook for the smtp and pop3 it's just qone12.com. As for passwords you have to e-mail me at qone12@qone12.com to get them sorry.....

P.S when you e-mail me I well all so tell you how to set up your ftp accesses so you can get playing. On a side note please only put files to this project on there becuase I only have 8gb trans per month and I don't want to run out of it in like 2weeks hehehe thx.

signed

Quandary One12

lerpiedood
03-22-2003, 08:16 AM
Awesome quandary! A big thanks!

Quandary One12
03-22-2003, 10:10 AM
and i got some new news. I set up a forum tonight, so once I get that all up and running we can have our own forum to talk in ;)

unLevel
03-22-2003, 12:26 PM
wow..

Ok, if you're setting us up a forum, we'll still need to post updates and stuff here so this project stays pretty well on the first page...

Also, what type of forum are you installing? (IBF, phpbb, yaBB, vBulletin....)

And, wowowowowow

You set us up a hosting account under you!!!
Thanks...

Since as of now I'm still just "opinionated person" I'll go ahead and appoint myself "architectural co-consultant" and start getting us some reference images for the city, hotel, and whatever else we'll need...

Also a good time to start up the old rusty fireworks and get a decent layout there....

*emailing*

dodo3d
03-22-2003, 01:09 PM
WoW
I think the project had warm up :buttrock:

@lerpiedood :
nice story u have here but it will kill us for modeling and animation but it's still ok :beer:
I think it'll be more helpful to understand the story and feel it to write the Scene ... can't wait to read it Good luck

about ur girl model : nice lips ,nose but I thought the eyes need more work and the distance betwen them is alittel large ... or it may be the camera view

ppl where is the mechanical ,robots and weapones 2d sketch so we can start modeling

@Quandary One12:
cool and thanks for the web host and the mail... can't wait to see the new forum
sorry for asking ... when I send my work in progress images I send it to my host www.qone12.com/~dodo3d ??? (I am not good on the web hosting stuff)

@unLevel:
show us ur city ,bulding referance images so we can distribute the sketchs to start work ( I think we need a futurestic buldings not regular ones??)

unLevel
03-22-2003, 01:10 PM
right now I'm sorting through city plans so you guys can just extrude the plans upward and play with them...

JIII
03-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Sweet off for 12 hours and we have a website and email. pretty cool if you ask me.

doddo dude I think that the concept stuff is taking a while kinda because we are still hacking away at the script and basic storyline.

anyway this is all looking good.

ohh i would do concept but...
I have no scanner.

Quandary One12
03-22-2003, 06:34 PM
good news i got the forum up i'm still using the normal style of the forum you get for it but that well change over time maybe by tonight hehehe... ok now as for ftp access i would like it if you e-mail me so i can give it to you if you can't just post something or go on irc cgtalk or our chat room wurxware.

the link to the forum
http://www.qone12.com/forum/

and i all most forgot it is a php coded forum.

JIII
03-22-2003, 06:53 PM
hey quan, the link to the forum after registering doesnt work... yet.

thanks again.

unLevel
03-22-2003, 09:28 PM
hey, do you want me to find some skins for that forum?

Oh, and as JIII said, the registration activation link doesn't work...

unLevel
03-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Hey, I've got a few plans, will upload them to the prototype site I'm setting up for the architecture stuff...

Does anyone remember or still have that link to the plans I showed you guys while on mIRC the other night?

Especially the one that lerpidood liked?
If not, I'll just try to remember the steps I took to find it...

Quandary One12
03-23-2003, 04:57 AM
ok i got the links working now but if you still have the old e-mail please delete 3307 right after .com thats what is making the link not work right. other then that it's all working now ;) just have to make a thame style now.....l

unLevel
03-23-2003, 02:56 PM
w00t...

Thanks, man, it works great!!

unLevel
03-23-2003, 02:58 PM
I should have just edited my other post, but:

Would you mind taking a look at the way my forums are setup?
Should we have a seperate forum, or sub-forum (phpbb doesn't support them, sadly) for this project?

My forums might give you some ideas, Quandary, but it's just a suggestion...

It's the www link on my post...

dodo3d
03-23-2003, 04:56 PM
I had registered to the new fourm but when I trying to log on it gave me an incorect user or an unactive user what is this??
and I didn't recived a confirmation e-mail

JIII
03-23-2003, 05:20 PM
on your confirmation email you have to take the digits 3307and the semicolon out of the link.

just cpoy and paste it.

dodo3d
03-23-2003, 06:25 PM
the problem is I didn't get any confirmation mail :rolleyes:

unLevel
03-23-2003, 09:22 PM
I know it's super early, and I'm not officially an artist...

BUT, JIII told me I should try modeling in another thread, so, I tried...

http://learncg.f2o.org/Trent/wei3

If no one can figure it's ugliness out, it's supposed to be a hover car/bike thing...

It took about 30 minutes to model, and I'm a newb...

So, if you think we can use it, great, I'll have the .dxf and .obj files to share, if not, no prob, it's just a doodle model...

unLevel
03-23-2003, 09:29 PM
If you think there's some chance that we'd use it, I'll post the model files so people can work on it and....

bring it beyond its newbness...hehe...

dodo3d
03-24-2003, 01:39 AM
Cool bick I like it....
it 'll be useful in the chase Scene ,it just need some fire in the back and some textures

ppl no one had help me about the registeration problem
ok pls delete my register user and I'll redo the registiration process again ok?

unLevel
03-24-2003, 01:46 AM
yea!!!!! someone likes it...I think I may cry....:arteest: well,...close enough...

I think quandary is the admin there, so until he does it, we're just mods...

Hey, dodo3d, you want to work on that bike some? I'm not very skilled in fine tuning models, so if you want to take it to the next step I'd be more than happy to get you a .dxf or .obj file, just say the word...

unLevel
03-24-2003, 01:50 AM
Hey, guys I forgot to tell ya..

Quandary, have you started on a site yet? If not, I know it's pretty early, but I started on a layout...here it is, in all of it's 7 kb glory

EDIT: it's kinda rough right now, I know, but I'm gonna re-do it sometime this week, and put it up as a prototype for my site, and see if I can get us each a different news thing, you guys know html, right?

dodo3d
03-24-2003, 01:52 AM
ok
I'll try to work alittel with it but I can't promise u to upgrad it cause I don't have any ideas about it but I can try
did u model it with autocad? or what?

unLevel
03-24-2003, 02:17 AM
modeled in zbrush...

autocad...lol.....I wish I could make stuff like this in autocad, let alone Inventor...

Oh, btw, which would you rather?

dxf?
or obj?

well, here's both:

http://learncg.f2o.org/weirdhovercarattempt1.dxf
http://learncg.f2o.org/weirdhovercarattempt1.obj

I was going to add handle bars, but I'm a newb, so feel free to change ANYTHING

EDIT: argghhh....ok, internet explorer did something weird, let me zip them for ya...

unLevel
03-24-2003, 02:34 AM
Ok, here's the zip, has both the .obj and the .dxf

http://learncg.f2o.org/weirdhovercarattempt.zip

Quandary One12
03-24-2003, 03:12 AM
hay dodo3D i deleted your account like you wanted, so now you can sign back up again if it does not work again let me know and i well try and find out whats wrong....

JIII
03-24-2003, 03:28 AM
nice bike unlevel but here is a tip.

i dont really know anything about Zbrushes modeling tools but. there is one thing that stands out and that is that is one heck of a high poly mesh.

one thing you might want to do is start with a simple shape a box and cut a few lines into it and just play with it from there.

here is a little example. took me about 1 min 30 seconds (I know I do play around with the speed modeling stuff but anyway. after you have the initial shape you can add more polys to make things mor detailed.

lerpiedood
03-24-2003, 03:57 AM
Hey! I just got my driver's lisence, so I've been doing lots of driving this weekend. But i'll try and get some work done this week. I got the webspace and forums working :) I'll start spending my time in school sketching ideas for the project.

Nice 1 man hover car design unlevel. Though, the one in the movie will have to look quite detailed, but good concept, I can see a nice looking one in my mind.

I am planning on designing a big website for us, with php functionality, and a nice style. I'd like some ideas on layout ideas even though I have alot in my head, and I'd like to know how exactly you'd like to navigate.

I'll start making sure to spend at least an hour modeling and another concept sketching, and the rest working on the site, checking here, and script writing. I love the pressure, it really forces myself to work work work!

I'm also training a team here at wurxware studios, so that's some more help.

unLevel
03-24-2003, 02:31 PM
Training a team, eh?

Sounds super top secret.....

cool

dodo3d
03-24-2003, 06:13 PM
@unLevel:

sorry man I had tried to import ur model to my max but it seams that the max turned mad becouse of the .dxf excetintion and the .obj dose not opend at all so I couldn't upgrad or do any thing to it ,sorry again
but keep going with it
hey ppl what programs do u use for 3d modeling??

@Quandary One12:

thx I'll try to redo the rgisteration again

JIII
03-24-2003, 06:40 PM
unlevel I got bored last night and gave your model a little 5 minute touch up. course its not nearly detailed enough. but it is a great concept.

ohh and the obj. imports into Cinema 4D just fine.

JIII
03-24-2003, 06:42 PM
I think to get it into max you have to export to 3ds format. I can send you the model in 3DS if you want it.

lerpiedood
03-25-2003, 01:10 AM
Alright, I'm now seriously hyped to get this project done. I won't be online much anymore because I'll be to busy modeling and will only spend an hour or so reading online and updating website when it's out. I've made a few concept sketches but am not completly happy with my design of some things, so I'm going to keep on working on them till I get something really good.

unLevel
03-25-2003, 01:30 AM
well, I've never had any problems using it with max, maya, or cinema 4d, but I'm a newb and maybe I pressed somethign wrong that got it to work...ya know, one of those once-in-a-millionth-chance-with-demos...

I hate demos....oh, well..

lerpiedood
03-25-2003, 04:29 AM
Here's one of my first concept images. More to come.
http://www.qone12.com/~lerpiedood/monica01.jpg

TerrestrialSea
03-25-2003, 06:35 PM
I like the concept! If you could post a side shot and a front and quite possibly a back image, I could start modeling a few other females for the short. My scanner is still broken (ARRRRG!) and it is not showing any signs a fixing it's self. So anyways... Sorry I havn't been around lately. I've had to start another job working some pretty sad and pathetic houres, but hey if anyone wants to get into a movie free (provided your in my location) it can be worked out!

Cheers!

JIII
03-25-2003, 06:35 PM
pretty good only thing that i am thinking. is that if she is supposed to be some sort of killing machine. does her hair need to be so big and poofy? and does her face need to be so round? maybe we should shoot for a angular look. like hawkish. I can really imagine her doing backflips and matrix stuff.

just my thoughts.

sorry if it sounds harsh (I should not even be talking because I cant draw worth a damn).

lerpiedood
03-25-2003, 11:35 PM
Yeah, her face will be more angular, and the hair will not bee exactly like that, and that sketch was just a concept sketch. I still to decide on what augmentations will show, and she'll have coolor clothing, I'll start work on a new concept sketch today.

JIII
03-26-2003, 03:46 AM
Yeah thats cool I just didnt want this project to turn into attack of the 1960's beehive hair cuts.

some how big hair and matrix doesnt work.

its like bowling outdoors technically possible but who would try it?

lerpiedood
03-26-2003, 05:15 AM
Well, I got work on a new sketch today of monica. I'll be modeling Monica, so I'm just making these sketches for myself. I'll start making a few hovercar sketches soons so some people can start modeling those.
http://www.qone12.com/~lerpiedood/monicasketch.JPG

JIII
03-27-2003, 03:19 AM
Yeah I have a few basic mock up hover car done. but they look more like submarines than car's so I have decided not to post umm.

lerpiedood
03-27-2003, 05:10 AM
I started working on Monica's body today, modeling that is. So far I've got her boobs done. I also got the coolest hover car design in my head, and I got some nice architexture ideas from when I went downtown today. BTW today is my birthday, I'm now 16.

I've decided that most of the architexture will be simular to most of the newest cool buildings now, but with that slight futuristic touch.

JIII
03-27-2003, 05:31 AM
Me thinks if you just went down town into I salt lake I probibly know what buildings you mean

also there are some real good city generators out there, that I have heard about.

if anyone wants to look into that be my guest.

unLevel
03-27-2003, 02:08 PM
slight futuristic touch, eh?

hmm....do you need reference pics?

http://www.point.travel.pl/old/data/waw-sheraton.jpg
http://jonathanclark.com/photos/england/P4030017.JPG
http://amargosa.com/japan/japan2001/image/dsc_0050.jpg
http://www.altium.nl/knijff.jpg

It seems that there's not a whole bunch of stuff out there, I much look deeper...

dodo3d
03-28-2003, 02:45 PM
good it had been long since I chick the fourm and cool I think monica is coming to life keep going.
@lerpiedood :
I like the concept and btw happey birth day I know it's late :wavey: I am waiting to see ur 3d version of monica...

@JIII:
show us ur hover car it might be helpful for the project

ok
I had an old unfinshed cyborg if any one want to play with it to refine it to use for the project
here is the cyborg: (if any one need the max file just ask)

unLevel
03-28-2003, 03:40 PM
very nice...

JIII
03-28-2003, 06:00 PM
okay man you asked for it ;)

feel free to laugh its what I did. when I made this the cg gods were not with me.

lerpiedood
03-28-2003, 10:08 PM
I made a real nice hovercar concept sketch, I'll upload it later when I can scan. I started modeling monica in 3d, check it out it's in the wip forums.

dodo3d
03-29-2003, 10:11 AM
@JIII:

cool ... just need more and more work and details ,keep working on it , it might be helpful :beer:

JIII
03-30-2003, 10:07 PM
hey lerp post that Hover car concept of yours please. I would really like to see it.

JIII
03-31-2003, 04:07 AM
well here is a slightly more detailed version of the hovercar.

JIII
04-01-2003, 07:20 PM
hmm well if anyone gives a damn I will post another update.

hell if they dont I willpost it anyway.

do0d
04-06-2003, 02:16 PM
ey if it's not too late id like to help with some modelling... that futuristic city got me intruiged so i'd give it a shot....

question... does the buildings windows have to be modelled individualy and put a light source inside or do you just paint it with textures???

lerpiedood
04-10-2003, 07:13 PM
Hello, for windows, you can just use textures, except for windows that will be seen close up. If you guys havn't seen me around lately, no I didn't lose my intrest in this project, but my parents said that I've been using the computer way to much lately, and that I have started to breathe computer nutrons, so they grounded me from the computer from a week. I'm using the school computer now, but I'll be back on in 2 days, and will go to work on typing that script.

unLevel
04-10-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by lerpiedood
so they grounded me from the computer from a week. I'm using the school computer now

Thus is the story of my life...sorry guys....

lerpiedood
04-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Well, I'm ungrounded and back online. Time to do some work, but only after I go see the movie anger management.

illustrativ
04-13-2003, 03:26 AM
i must say this looks like a nice project. I like some of the models done so far. Keep up the good work guys. I haven nottin to contribute as i am a little bad mouther at times. So im staying clear of Colab Projects. I will keep a eye on this one, since it seems very interesting.

lerpiedood
04-13-2003, 05:01 AM
Well, I'm back from the movie, and from dinner, and I'm done checking the forums, so I'm opening up Word and putting on my brainstorming hat. Time to whip out part 1: the rise of veingor, so we can all start making stuff!

PS, Anger Management was a very good movie, I recommend it, 3 1/2 stars!

lerpiedood
04-13-2003, 06:15 AM
Well, I finished writing the scene 1 of part 1 of the Zeta project. Yes! The other scenes are still to come, I just have to goto bed, and don't have any more time to type tonight.

Click for The Zeta Project : Part I : The Rise of a Satan : Scene I : 2 pages (http://www.qone12.com/~lerpiedood/Script_Part1.doc)

JIII
04-14-2003, 03:02 AM
sweet dude. this is cool I am gonna read it right now.

JIII
04-14-2003, 03:05 AM
i am thinking we need to storyboard this text can not really convey it that well. if you know what I mean this is purly a visual sequence.

JIII
04-23-2003, 06:57 AM
here is a small city layout I have been working on.

Quandary One12
04-23-2003, 07:49 AM
hmm thats it's. it sucks lol j/k ok ok jiii you can pimp slap me later for that one any how nice job you need to see the back street i'm working on it may fit in :)

JIII
04-23-2003, 08:10 PM
please post a pic of it here.

and notice I said small.

:)

Quandary One12
04-24-2003, 03:31 AM
oh sure i see how you are man, making me bow to the govs rules man. i'm not like other men man, i'm a "FEARK" man, lol j/k any how ya I can post a wip later on once i get my homework done, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa homework nooo......:shrug: :annoyed: :thumbsdow

Quandary One12
04-25-2003, 07:08 AM
bad news i had to format my hard drive yet again but this time i was not able to save any date so the back streets model is gone i'm gonig to have to start all over "sigh" this really is not my month :shrug: :thumbsdow

JIII
04-25-2003, 05:59 PM
LOL thats why I use a mac quandery.

just kidding I know you hate umm.

Quandary One12
04-25-2003, 08:19 PM
O your so going to get it JIII i'm going to make you fly to the moon for that one hahahaha ;) i don't hate them i just hate how they make you use there parts so it costs an arm and a leg to ****ing get one.

oatah
05-04-2003, 11:57 AM
hi guys..i just happened to came by and readed 8 pages of the whole posts. this project seems to be very interesting to me interm of the series shots so let's get the momentum going. i

hey may i join your team ? is it too late ?
hmm im a newbie maya (few months experience)
but i have skills in art and design, i can work on concept design and storyboard seems to be helpful to interpretrate the words in script to picture. and i also can build easy models for the props ...others than that just tell me whatelse you need to do now
thanks guys , if i cant be good to work with you i hope this project is going to go well

lerpiedood
05-08-2003, 12:30 AM
Hola, I've been modeling monica more and more. She's coming good almost complete. I still havn't gotten my act together and written the script, though I'll do it someday.

Oatah, sure you can join! I don't have a specific list for what all needs to be done right now, but you could help with weapons design, building design, and we also need lots of props. As for storyboarding, can't do that yet cause I still havn't written the script.

BTW I've decided that the city will be futuristic with a slight retro style, and will be between 2010 and 2025. Well, back to modeling I go. Right now I havn't concentrated much on the story of the movie, just the model I'm working on, trying hard to get a work into expose. I also think this film should only be like 15-20 mins long because rendering will take forever and so will animating, and we'll have to have tons of scenes to model. I also don't know if we have to model the whole city, just certain scenes you know.

Gremlin
05-10-2003, 08:18 AM
would r0x if I could help too!
I use Maya 5.0, and preferably I wanna model weapons/vehicles. (none of my other skills are up to par, except for my 2D art) if anyone could upload some weapons/vehicles... OR give me an idea of what the style is, I can create my own concepts, upload, and see if you guys like em ? :D

this rocks already, even though I havent even done anything!
Cheers,

Gremlin
05-10-2003, 08:27 AM
I'm about to start my own personal nurbs study... its going to be a car (I read in the script that you will need approx. 10 cars, well... I can provide one, that is, if you like what im modeling)

It's going to be a 1965 (around that time) Shelby Mustang... possibly the racing version (the 350GTR if I can get blue prints) but see... if you want, I could take it, get rid of the wheels, customize it with some fat engines... and turn it into a hover car? In this story, would a classic mustang that has jet engines be allowed? LOL

just a thought,
Cheers

Jaguar_5
05-12-2003, 08:21 AM
I'd be interested in contributing..

Im by no means an expert, but definitely not a beginner either, examples of my work at
http://www.unrealwarfarex.com/tactics/jag/3d.htm

I'd be interested in helping with some models... i can't however do characters, let me know.

TheFreak
05-13-2003, 02:09 AM
This sounds like a really cool story

I have some experience in Lightwave and i'm always up for a bit of a challange.

Count me in if you are still taking people on.

No real speciality as yet so i'll give anything a go

Ta

mindz0f1
05-13-2003, 05:08 AM
I don't have the final say, but just to voice my opinion about the mustang...I think it would be really interesting, I'm sure that we'll still be modding cars etc. in the future and beefing up old ones. Sounds like a good idea to me :P

Oxide
05-28-2003, 03:57 PM
If you need an editor / compositor then I'm your man. Got experiance with Flame/Smoke/Edit/Avid/Combustion/Commotion/AfterEffects. Have my own copy of Combustion and might get a free access to a Flame (no promises though).

JIII
05-29-2003, 02:28 AM
damn those are some nice programs but I think this is being done in final cut in lerps basement.

I am not sure but I thnk this part of the project is kinda dead lerp is trying to figure another idea out.

at least thats what I hear.

illustrativ
11-29-2003, 10:45 PM
This project was going so well, what happened to it?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.