PDA

View Full Version : Toon inking problem

funnydoodle
03-13-2003, 03:11 AM
here i posted this thread in the surface and texturing section. hope that someone can help me out.

thread link (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49149)

tachy0n
03-13-2003, 05:08 PM
If you set direction threshold = 0 in a Toon_Ink lens then you get a rendering of only the 'outlines'. Also there's options in the Toon_Paint_and_Host Ink->Boundaries which allow you to render only the outline on a per material basis. You may use this by compositing a seperately rendered pass of thick outline only over your normal toon shading to get the effect.

funnydoodle
03-13-2003, 10:49 PM
ok the results got much to what i want.... but if my character consist of few different geometries then do i have to add the models into each of the individual toon ink host "seam" tab so that they blend? i mean, i just want to get the outline of the overall character remember,? not like still see lines between arm and sleeves.... just to name a common prob. u get what i mean?

but i pretty much got to the result i wanted. thanx to u alot!!

tachy0n
03-13-2003, 11:26 PM
Well i can't be sure unless i see a render, but it's probably the different materials on the geometries that are causing your problem (if they are indeed different) You could try turning off the 'material' check box under Toon_Ink_Lens -> Sampling->Boundaries for your outline pass/render and see if that helps.

lmc
03-14-2003, 04:59 AM
Funnydoodle, y dun u let him see a render sample?! I was interested also......hehe

:airguitar

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.