PDA

View Full Version : dual headaches

WU2
03-13-2003, 01:37 AM
Bleh!!! I took back the radeon 7000 I had and got a geforce 4 mx 440 PCI. So now I have a geforce4 ti 4200 AGP and a geforce 4 mx 440 PCI...with windows 2000. I can use some opengl apps (I can use lightwave, but when the program is running on the second display (hooked to the pci card) the menus dont show up when i click them... everything else works but the menus... also quake 3 wont load at all, and the only solution i've read is to "disable the secondary card", which i can't do since there is no option to disable it in the device manager... has anyone else done this? i'm going insane trying to get it all to work... thanks in advance

WU2
03-13-2003, 01:40 AM
oh and some other stuff... it seems like the refresh rate keeps resetting back to 60 hz which is kind of annoying...is there anyway to duplicate my start bar on both monitors? at first photoshop wasn't showing any images right on the second monitor, but enabling dualview fixed that...except now it says i have like 4 displays or something (each card is like 2)...

CgFX
03-13-2003, 04:20 AM
Wait. Your Ti 4200 is dual channel?

Why aren't you just using both channels of that card???

It will actually be higher performance as well!!!

If one of your ports is DVI and you don't have a DVI monitor, use a DVI-I to VGA adapter (<$5) and that will leave you with 2 x VGA on your Ti 4200.

Run in nView Span mode and you will have no issues with OpenGL on both monitors and your task bar will span across both channels.

alphatron
03-13-2003, 04:29 AM
Seconded..
no reason to have a second vid card in there, especially an underpowered one, when you already have a dualhead display card.

WU2
03-13-2003, 05:12 AM
my "second" display is a s-video out... its not a DVI or VGA... only one VGA out...its a visiontek :(
anyway i got both displays working right now...i had to install win xp

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.