PDA

View Full Version : Paint Effects Leaf Alpha

techmage
05-01-2007, 12:15 AM
I cannot get my paint effects trees to recognize the alpha channel of the leaf texture I am trying to use. It has something to do with the texture file specifically because as soon as I use one of the premade leaf textures that maya comes with, it works just fine. Is there some special settings or tag or something I need to use in order for it to recognize the alpha channel? My textures have the alpha channel in them correctly, I've used them before in mental ray just fine. I've already tried saving the texture out as every alpha channel supporting format that photoshop can.

Whats more pecuilar is all the tiffs, iffs and gifs that contain the leaf textures maya comes with, they don't open in photoshop. Which I think means there is some special process you have to run the texture through for paint effects to use it properly. Does anyone know whats going on here?

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2007, 12:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.