PDA

View Full Version : macro icons (i searched)

isxaari
04-29-2007, 09:33 AM
$home/nreal/icons

what does that mean. I am on mac osx 10.4.7 with shake 4.1 i got the .h files installed and my cmi macros do work but i have no idea what $home/nreal/icons go. Can someone help me with that. rather how do i get to that loc OR does it need to be created?

edit

i went to apps/shake/
right click show contents and pasted the icons in that folder with out making the /nreal folder and it worked. i feel dumb but thats part of learning i guess

edit again. when i go to render out my file it says missing macro in big ass red letters. Why? Can someone tell me where all the file go so i can get this going? been trouble shooting this for a few hours now

edit.

i found the folder by guessing all works now. tho i am getting this crazy render error before my render starts but it goes on to render i will pick on that tomorrow its 5:am O_O

Hugh
04-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Not sure what state you're in at the moment - you seemed to fix a few things manually....

Are you using a render farm? If not, there's no reason why they will work in the GUI but not on the render....

$home is your home directory

Macro .h files should go in:
$home/nreal/include/startup

Macro UI .h files should go in:
$home/nreal/include/startup/ui

Icons should go in:
$home/nreal/icons

isxaari
04-29-2007, 10:33 PM
what i did was

i open up finder/app/shake

right click view contents went to resources and installed and pasted the icons there.

I still do not know what $home is. Is that the name of my computer? I am in Tx right now but i go back out to my rig in 2 weeks. (oil rig) $$$$$$

adisan
04-30-2007, 07:15 AM
shake macros workflow is based on specific locations but basically is like:
- icons are in icons
- UI in include/startup/ui
- main macro file in include/startup

the 2 default locaion you ca use are the software installation path and your nreal folder in your home directory ($home) /Users/yourname/nreal

where you find a nreal folder with several subfolders like include and icons there's your folder.

better read the manual it's quite easy to undestrand.

isxaari
04-30-2007, 09:04 PM
well I did read the manual its in ch. 30. Remember some things are easy for some others are not. I am also on meds. I learn by videos and it hard to understand what its trying to say some times. You cleared up the problem. Thank you.

CGTalk Moderation
04-30-2007, 09:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.