PDA

View Full Version : You think Hash has problems!

My Fault
03-12-2003, 07:29 PM
Yowch, check out the threads on the new C4D update
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49035

and the new Lightwave update
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48953

Just goes to show that writing a 3d program is a very, very difficult thing and no matter how talented some of these guys/gals are bugs creep their nasty way in.

Now excuse me while I go uninstall my Lightwave 7.5b upgrade. Yeah, yeah, I know, I should've waited but upgrades are so shiny and cool that I installed before my brain said, "NOOOO!!!" :p

Wegg
03-13-2003, 05:06 PM
I don't think Maxon or Newtek try and deny and supress those problems. They take them VERY seriously. When has Hash inc. ever removed a version of its software due to a bug in one of its buffer exporters. . . (What buffer exporters. . ) and a flakey linux port (What linux port. . ) of its nework rendering software. . .

There is a BIG difference.

Nonproductive
03-13-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Wegg
When has Hash inc. ever removed a version of its software due to a bug...

You assume that A:M has ever had bugs - that is your first mistake! A:M has no bugs, if anything is wrong it is a problem with *your* machine or the way *you* are trying to get one of the many undocumented features to work. :rolleyes:

Wegg
03-13-2003, 05:29 PM
HA HAH A. ..

Wooo wee. . . .

Good one.

My Fault
03-13-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Wegg
I don't think Maxon or Newtek try and deny and supress those problems. They take them VERY seriously. When has Hash inc. ever removed a version of its software due to a bug in one of its buffer exporters. . . (What buffer exporters. . ) and a flakey linux port (What linux port. . ) of its nework rendering software. . .

There is a BIG difference.

I get what your saying, but usually (and I said "usually" not "always") if there is a catastrophic bug it is fixed in the next rev which tends to go up sometime the next week.

I think your anti-hash zealotry is making you miss the bigger point here Billy, i.e. Hash isn't the only one that screws up.

My Fault
03-13-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Nonproductive
You assume that A:M has ever had bugs - that is your first mistake! A:M has no bugs, if anything is wrong it is a problem with *your* machine or the way *you* are trying to get one of the many undocumented features to work. :rolleyes:

Bwahaha.... you are the Bill Hicks of the forum Nonproductive and you made me spew coffee on my keyboard :bounce:

Wegg
03-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by My Fault
I think your anti-hash zealotry is making you miss the bigger point here Billy, i.e. Hash isn't the only one that screws up.

Huh!?! I didn't say/imply anything of the sort. I was pointing out the difference in the way those companies deal with those bugs and how seriously they take those features which Hash Inc. would find "frivolous" to the average user.

HellBorn
03-13-2003, 11:53 PM
I get what your saying, but usually (and I said "usually" not "always") if there is a catastrophic bug it is fixed in the next rev which tends to go up sometime the next week.

Of course Hash isn't the only one to screw up.
But they for sure are the only one doing it once every week :bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.