PDA

View Full Version : Episode Vii -the Dark Lord - Official Online Release (new Ost)

Cloud_Strife
04-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi!
Here is the official Online Release of our first movie "The Dark Lord". You maybe heard of our project a year ago (we posted the trailers then). We are that Kids Crew from Germany who made their first film. Now the complete film is available on our site www.thedarklord-film.com. Just click on Cinema in the Menu and enjoy the show.
Many of us and especially the director Mateusz Madry want to work on films in the future as professionals. So we would like to hear your opinions about the project.

Oh and here is the official Poster of the movie:

http://www.thedarklord-film.com/images/Poster%20low.jpg

We think its great isn't it?

.....waitin for your comments .....

Cloud_Strife
05-03-2007, 07:12 PM
what a pity that nobody wants to comment on our movie. We put so much work into that project and would enjoy to hear some critics of other amateur or pro filmmakers. This would help us to make even better movies in future... !

Geuse
05-03-2007, 10:38 PM
This is just crazy! Must have taken quite some time. And what's with the children? You really did this by yourself? In that case it is really good. I can't imagine how you pulled it off though.

I really don't know how to comment on this though, because it's wicked if you who played the parts did the whole movie yourselves including effects and camera work.

Cloud_Strife
05-03-2007, 11:21 PM
yeah we did all these things on our own except the costumes. The costumes were made by Elisabeth Lendo Madry, my mother.
When I was 16 years old (i am Mateusz Madry the director) we began to shoot the movie. The other kids were around 10 till 14 years old. It took us 3 years to finish the movie. Now i am 20 years old. The premiere was last year.
The post-production took one and a half year because I had to do nearly everything on my own. But it was a lot of fun too.

Yes maybe all this sounds a bit crazy but just watch the credits on our website ;) .

YOu say you don't know how to comment? Just tell us what you liked and what you didn't like in the movie. Which scenes were good or bad etc..
What shall we change in our next projects or what shall we learn?
We really would like to hear some comments on these issues because we want to do films in future (better movies than this one).

katana2665
05-03-2007, 11:33 PM
I can see that alot of work went into this, but seriously, Star Wars is an Icon of it's own. Perhaps if you had set it up as a parody (i:e Pink) instead of a serious bit, you might have gotten away with it. I fell asleep in the first 3:30. The cut scenes were far to long which set the mood as sleepy. On the otherhand, it was an important step in your development as a film maker to see the project to it's conclusion. My advice is to write and shoot a short story of your own creation. Just keep at it and eventually you'll achieve something more notable.

Geuse
05-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Cool! All i can say is WOW!
The costumes looked great. You are lucky to have such a helpful mother.
I didn't watch the entire movie(just can't stand children acting as grown-ups), but I'm stunned at how you managed to do most of the special effects by yourself. So i guess you are both interested in directing and visual effects. For your next project try to make it shorter and focus on great directing and great visual effects. Maybe find someone to help out withe the 3D? Instead of doing massive visual effect shots keep it to a minimum so they wont suffer. I really don't understand how you managed to create all of the digital effects by yourself. You deserve credit!
As far of the acting it wasn't really that interesting, but i get it. You're kids(or were at least) and it must have been heck of a fun for all of you.

evilwabbit
05-04-2007, 03:20 AM
Nice job on the effects but it takes far to long to get into the action and as for watching kids act that was abit painfull but full credit goes out to you for finishing the project alot of respect for the time and effort everyone had put into the project. afew crits Some of the effects looked alittle game like using different (shiny, reflective) materials would have made it look alittle more life like.
My only bigest cirt is to keep scenes short and to the point as you leave scenes open for far to long so people can spot the flaws.. All in all great work and the main thing is to keep having fun with it.. look forward to seeing you're future projects.

CGOutcast
05-04-2007, 04:02 PM
honestly im a big star wars fan and if you want an honest opinion you still have a lot to learn about editing, CG, and acting. That being said making a whole movie isnt easy at all and to pull it off in the first place is always a challenge in itself, so let me just congratulate you on finishing something. This doesnt feel like you were trying to make a spoof but all the children really distract from believing in this star wars film. Either way keep it up and you could possibly be making movies in the future.

Cloud_Strife
05-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Thank you guys for your honest critics and impressions and for taking the time to watch the whole movie. All these comments will help us for our next project (but no Star Wars movie).

Cloud_Strife
05-11-2007, 11:03 PM
I didn't say you should stop commenting ;) ! WOuld really like to hear some more opinions..!

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2007, 11:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.