PDA

View Full Version : Short film: Intelligent Life

smellovision
03-12-2003, 04:37 PM
Hello all, just thought I'd finally post something rather than just sit back and enjoy all of the eye candy.

I'm putting together a short film with some of the people I work with and thought why not see if anyone out there is interested in helping. I'm not really sure how this thread works yet, as I'm still fairly new to it. I'll be posting up what we have so far, as soon as I get some time, and hopefully give a rundown of the short itself. if anyone is interested without seeing some examples or hearing the idea, you either need your head checked, or your just a damn nice person. Either way, we need a Texture artist who has some time on there hands, because unfortunatly, with new projects comming in, we've only got a couple of months to put this together.

Well I guess we'll see if we get any bites.

Coop.:airguitar (I like this smile, it looks like he's touching himself.)

smellovision
03-13-2003, 04:05 AM
Okay, so as I thought, No bites. Here are a few images that I've grabbed for you.

The short is called, Intelligent Life.

The camera opens up to a small house in the background with some trees blowing. After a few seconds we see the words Intelligent life Appear. from that a sparkle that eventually turns into a space ship that screams into the scene. (See ship below.) from there we follow the ship that sets down onto the ground. The hatch opens up and a little alien fish in a robotic suit lands on the ground and shouts.

Fish alien: "Puny people of Earth! lay down your weapons, and realize your new king!! Bow down before the mightyness of Jasper the new Ruler of Earth!!!"

Then we see the camera swing around to Jasper's Point of view to reveal about fifty chickens just staring blankly at him, after a seconds pause.

Chicken: "Bukaw."

Cut back to Jasper very unimpressed with the chickens. Then we see another alien come out from the ship. (Mo)

Mo: "Um, excuse me your Mightyness? I was just wondering if you were finished ruling this plant yet? Cause I was kinda hoping to make it back to Jupiter by nine."

Jasper very upset stomps back up the stairs and pushes past Mo.

Mo: "Oh by the way, all of those who said there was no intelligent life on this planet, raise your hand. (Mo raises hand, Jasper just gets back on the ship.) Hey Jasper, your not raising your hand? Jasper?"

Jasper: "Shut up...."

Mo: "No, cause I'm just saying (hatch closes and mo follows Jasper into the ship.) I thought we were talking about this planet and I remember ONE of us saying there was nothing on this planet. Hmmm, now which one of us was that...."

Jasper: "Shut UP MO!!"

the ship begins to take off.

Mo: "ok, ok. ............ Hey what was all that Mightyness about anyway? I mean you had like six thousand light years to think of what you were going to say, and all you came up with was your mightyness....ha ha,......weak."

Jasper: "I swear Mo, one day I shall wipe you from the universe."

Camera fades away as the ship leaves the sky.

Mo: "yeah, but then who would clean your bowl?"

The End.

JIII
03-13-2003, 04:16 AM
I can work on your textures for ya. but I am not exactly a photorealistic quality texturer.

however I do have time on my hands

and yes I am a head case. :)

smellovision
03-13-2003, 03:50 PM
I'm really sorry to ask, but how can I attach pictures to my post? If anyone out there can help I would really apreciate it.

JIII
03-13-2003, 05:44 PM
Just click attach but if you do that they have to be under 20k

smellovision
03-13-2003, 06:08 PM
Thanks for your help. Here's a pic of the ship. It's only just the start.

smellovision
03-13-2003, 06:12 PM
logo

smellovision
03-13-2003, 06:14 PM
this is the alien Mo

JIII
03-15-2003, 04:25 AM
if you want any help just tell me

smellovision
03-22-2003, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the offer JIII. I'll be in touch soon! I have a couple of different things you could try.

So other than JIII I guess there's not a lot of interest. I wonder if it would sweeten the pot if I told you some of my friends from Pixar will be working on this. I hate to name drop but if I have to exploit them to get more interest I will. Hahaha.

Coop.

I'm going to post up some new pix real soon, the stuff I have up here is very basic.

anyone out there good with enviroment stuff like grass? I need my backgrounds textured with some grass, maybe fur?

P.s. We use Maya

just do 3d
03-22-2003, 03:30 AM
I'd like to help work on a project to have something to focus on, this is some of my work my works (www.justdo3d.4mg.com/photo.html) . Im no expert (what do you want for nothing ;), but I'm not without any abilitie, im keen on modelling and texturing so if you got something I could work on, great.

By the way, if you want people to help putting things like,
"I need my backgrounds textured with some grass" is not the best way to put it.
But having said that i'd like to help (evidence of insanity), let me know what ya think

smellovision
03-22-2003, 05:08 AM
OOps, I'm really sorry if I've offended anyone, it's certainly not my intention. I guess I'm just not sure how to go about asking for the help I need.

The models are pretty much finished. We still need an old beat up vehicle. i.e. Truck or car. so if anyone has anything like that that they'd like to offer to the project that would be great!!!!
Other than that, we really just need some people with some time on there hands to help out with textures. so if you (Just do 3d and JIII or anyone else who wants to help) have some time on your hands, we should talk. I'll e-mail you privately about speciffics. Thanks for the help!!!

Coop.

just do 3d
03-22-2003, 05:37 AM
no offense taken, hope to hear from you although after criticising your request technique I doubt I will :rolleyes:

unLevel
03-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Nice story, smellovision!!

what is it that you need from us?

JIII
03-24-2003, 06:49 PM
hey smelly dude.

here is a little thingy I cooked up if you want to see some of my texturing. I know it needs alot of work on the specular channel. But you asked for it :)

runna
03-25-2003, 03:16 AM
I can help on texturing if you want. Do you need shaders and application etc or just painted textures? What applications do you need it produced in? I can texture in Renderman, Maya, Mental Ray and 3DS Max

Let me know.

:beer:

smellovision
03-27-2003, 02:45 AM
You guys are awsome!!! Thanks for all of your help. Ok here's what We still need. We need some sort of a flying saucer. Think cartoony. I'll post a few ideas up but if anyone has any ideas, I'm open to suggestion. After all lets make this a group thing. We also need an old beat up truck. Or tractor. either one will do. so if anyone wants to take a crack at either of those, go for it!!!

p.s. I'm sorry about not being on here enough, I'm a bit busy at work right now, but I promise to show you all something new and cool in a couple of days!!!

Runna, since you have the Maya experience do you want to take a crack at texturing Moe? (See attach) Let me know and I'll get you the file.

JIII, why don't you give the UFO a shot. You saw what I had, but if you wanna try something else, go for it!

Just do 3d, and Unlevel, if you wanna try a tractor or old truck, that would be great!!

Or actually I've just been told that we need a barn and chicken coop as well, so really anyone out there who wants to help, give it a shot.

Probably best that everyone start with sketches, but since this is 3d, I know not everyone can draw, so if you feel enspired, go ahead with a model, just e-mail me with any questions!!

Thanks again guys and gals. I think this will be VERY Cool!

cooperanimation@hotmail.com

Coop. (Or smelly Dude.)

unLevel
03-27-2003, 02:52 AM
from your concept, I thought mo would have been 2-legged, since that pose might be difficult for a 4-legged creature..
I also thought he would be taller...
Don't know, it's up to you...

smellovision
03-27-2003, 05:43 AM
Yeah, i did change the design of moe, for no real reason other than interest. I think the four legs will be more interesting animation wise. That and I'd never modeled a "Centour" (Hope I spelled that right) before.

coop.

shelline
03-28-2003, 04:11 PM
My style is "photo-real" I think, assuming we are talking about high res work (not low res game work) -I have done lots of exteriors which may not suit. BUT I'm trying to build a portolio to move out of games and into film for texture work, and I love character texturing so please check out this and see whacha think

http://www.vandermey.com/art_index.html
home page is www.vandermey.com

I have different samples too...more organic charater stuff if needed

Hey, I have friends at Pixar...yadayadayada...

s.

unLevel
03-28-2003, 04:13 PM
"centaur",not centour, but who's checking?

JIII
03-28-2003, 05:52 PM
hey here is a little mockup of the UFO. I am gonna add hands and a top hat hope ya don't mind.

JIII
03-28-2003, 05:53 PM
ooops the picture

JIII
04-02-2003, 04:06 AM
well if your still there smelly dude.

here is a more finalized version.

runna
04-03-2003, 03:53 AM
Hey coop, I'd love to have a crack at texturing moe.

What format is the file in?
Do you have any rough ideas on the texturing? any sketches etc other than the earlier pic?

Thanks.

I'll email you with my email address.

smellovision
04-05-2003, 11:36 PM
hey guys thanks again, I'm still super busy with work. But if I could get your e-mail address runna i'll send you the moe file. i've got some storyboards done up and will post them over the next couple of days.

coop.

JIII.

Nice ufo, I THINK WE"RE GOING TO STICK WITH THE ONE I've got, sorry about the caps, i have my son in my arms while I'm typing.
Maybe take a crack at an old beat up truck.

P.s. The project is being done in Maya.

smellovision
04-09-2003, 04:42 PM
just thought I'd do up some rough storyboards.

smellovision
04-09-2003, 04:46 PM
pqge2

smellovision
04-09-2003, 04:49 PM
page3

smellovision
04-09-2003, 04:51 PM
sorry about the size of the images, I have no idea how to make them any bigger. How do people get such beautiful, huge pictures?

unLevel
04-10-2003, 08:31 PM
are they scanned? just increase hte resolution of your scanner when you scan....or the size...

if not, try enlarging it in some graphics proggie, like fireworks or photoshop...

JIII
04-10-2003, 09:28 PM
I think he means how do people link from other wersites.

really he is just complaining about the image size limit.

ohh and for all those people wondering I am on spring break so thats why i have been so silent.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.