PDA

View Full Version : Wrist-like rigging in max

Woodys3d
04-27-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm having a problem trying to do a wrist-like rigging.

I have a large bone (lets imagine, the lower arm one), and then 3 smaller bones placed in all the lenght of that bone. The large bone is the one that is rigged and have to be moved by the controls, and I want the small bones to follow the movement of that big bone, but only changing the rotation in their X axis, so when the wrist is rotated, the rotation is everytime less noticeable the closer to the upper arm I am.

I'm trying to apply this to the upper leg, to help me skin it better when the foot rotates. The leg is rigged with ik, and I can't get the small bones of the upper arm to do that transition with the rotation. Any ideas about how to do it?

zzama
04-27-2007, 01:42 PM
you might want to check this out: http://paulneale.com/tutorials/armRig.htm

Woodys3d
04-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks a lot, that was useful. I did a modified version of that for the leg (as I wanted the upper bone to have 0 rotation, and there was a little movement using only that system), and seems to be working well. I will also use it for the arms.

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2007, 03:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.