PDA

View Full Version : Vue & Poser Animation Compatibility?

Sequoia1
04-27-2007, 12:56 AM
Advice, please: My goal is 3-5 minute character animation with lipsync (Poser 7), imported pre-fab towns, ships, zero-altitude character-to-background blending (with Vue).

Will these two (Poser & Vue) form a complete package, or do they need to operate in a host environment such as Maya / Lightwave / or?? Any compatibility issues I should beware of?

Thanks!

bruno021
04-27-2007, 08:09 PM
As for now, Vue6 and Poser7 don't play as well as they should, mainly because of changes in the Poser sdk. Some props don't import, and there are memory leaks problems, but it's definitely on the right track, and the Next Vue6 update should address this matter once and for all (crossing fingers).

Vue and poser work well together, meaning that Poser has to be present on the machine that is running Vue. In Vue 6, you can decide to use the Poser shader tree if you have complex procedural materials applied to your poser stuff. you can also reposer your figure inside Vue.

Both options are very resource intensive, so you'll need a fair amount of ram ( 2gigs is good enough.)
I haven't P7 yet , so I don't know how layered animations import in Vue6.

Sequoia1
05-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Thank you, bruno021. That's helpful.

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2007, 11:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.