PDA

View Full Version : creating a cool animation, needed help

prototypemale
04-26-2007, 07:41 PM
hi guyz iam workin on a project in which a fat guy grows thinner n thinner, so i need yor help,
should i create a blendshape target of the thin guy n keyframe it, plz tell me if iam wrong or if there is any better way of doin it, i already got a deadline for completing this project so plz post yor suggestions as soon as possible. :)
iam using maya 8.0
tnx in advance.

RafaelMancini
04-28-2007, 04:26 AM
I think that a blendShape for the intire body would be the best solution. You have the fat guy already... all you need to do is to re-model the fat guy into a thin one. But you canīt change the surface of course.

But first you can try to do something that is a lot easier. Simply try to put a squash deformer (or another non-linear deformer that suits you best) on your character. Do it directly into the body parts. Depending on the animation and your character design you could get a good result.

prototypemale
04-29-2007, 06:15 PM
many tnx, that'd help for sure

CGTalk Moderation
04-29-2007, 06:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.