PDA

View Full Version : Stepped Tangents

RafaelMancini
04-26-2007, 07:14 PM
hey there... So, when Im animating on stepped keys, I always have to set the character in a pose, then key all the manipulators, and then go to the graph editor and set the keys as stepped. What I mean is, by default, Maya set the curves as spline.

How do I manage to set only stepped keys in my animation, so I can build the inbetweens later, without having to go to the graph editor and setting the stepped keys myself??

Kaidonni
04-26-2007, 07:39 PM
If I read you right, you want Maya to create stepped tangents by default, and not spline tangents?

To do this, look in the bottom right corner of Maya, right under the playback controls and by the autokey button. You will see two small boxes. Hover your cursor over the top of these two boxes, and it should say Animation Preferences. This is where you go. Now, in Maya 7 at least, you select Animation, under Settings, in the dialogue box that comes up, and you will find you can set the default in and out tangents.

Hope that helps.

CGTalk Moderation
04-26-2007, 07:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.