PDA

View Full Version : weird batch rendering error

Norb
03-12-2003, 01:29 PM
Hey guys, I'm gettin a weird error when I command line render from the command prompt as seen here (http://www.cdis.org/~jholland/images/batcherror.jpg)

I have never installed the mentioned plugins, nor do they exist on my machine, also I have never used maya live in the scene...

just wondering if anyone could help me figure out whats goin on and/or show me where to remove these references inside the scene or wherever they are being referenced...

Thanks

Norb

Norb
03-12-2003, 03:20 PM
well, it kindof got fixed, for those of you interested here's how I did it...

It started out as a mb file, so I started a new scene and immediately saved it as a ma file, then imported the mb scene and saved that scene, so I had the original scene now saved out as an ma file. I did this because for some reason I couldn't save as a ma file for some reason, I kept getting an error along the lines of "file contains unknown nodes or data.."

anyways, I then opened up the ma file in wordpad and removed the bad bits of info, and success! No more stupid stuff. However that created some more problems, for some reason now, when I went into the render globals, it would always stay on perspective, it would never change to the camera I wanted, but that was easily solved be putting in -cam "shotCam" into my bat file that I use to render....

well, there's my long winded message of the week =)

Norb

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.