PDA

View Full Version : Ayato Tutorials - making sense of it all

gribble
04-25-2007, 11:45 PM
I've been fighting my way through the brilliant tutorials at ayatoweb.com but there is a lot of missing info (particularly keyframe values).

Has anyone successfully deciphered them?

Ayato doesn't want correspondence and I'm a bit of a newb to AE at this level...

rhodeder
04-26-2007, 12:43 AM
are you trying to learn thing like spline interpolation? or just learning to use the graph to edit keyframes?

Mylenium
04-26-2007, 05:25 AM
I've been fighting my way through the brilliant tutorials at ayatoweb.com but there is a lot of missing info (particularly keyframe values).

Has anyone successfully deciphered them?

Ayato doesn't want correspondence and I'm a bit of a newb to AE at this level...

Not sure what you are getting at. Could you be more specific?

Mylenium

hospadam
04-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Well, I've been where you are. If you're going to look through those tutorials... you're definitely not going to be able to get the exact result he does. In fact, in my opinion, he is purposely vague in the exact details.

If you're interested in replicating one of the effects, the best way I can reccomend is to look at his results. Try to duplicate them step by step, but by your own eye. Don't try and copy it exactly... work on seeing what he did and replicating it without the exact key values.

Which one are you interested in? We could probably offer you some specefics on what you're confused about.

Mylenium
04-26-2007, 07:19 AM
In fact, in my opinion, he is purposely vague in the exact details.

I don't think that. The point is that he simply assumes you know this and that plugin and how to handle it, thus he skips points that may be important - but only for beginners. Clearly, those tutorials are not aimed at beginners, though the results usually attract them in particular. I agree that some more details would often be helpful, but hey, some creative fiddling is what makes the whole thing fun. Plus people make the mistake of trying to copy the visuals 1:1 when they should be seen more as a source for inspiration.

Mylenium

hospadam
04-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Completely agree :)

Notum
04-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Gribble, I think you may be looking at those tutorials the wrong way. Instead of trying to exactly duplicate the results in the tutorials, look at them like tips for you to use in order to understand the program and plug-ins better. Just follow along as best you can and when you get to a part that you can't understand just improvise and tweak the values until you are happy with the way it turned out.

It wouldn't be much fun if your project turned out exactly like every one else's. Just let yourself be inspired and go from there.

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2007, 08:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.