PDA

View Full Version : export obj sequence

Heiki
04-25-2007, 02:55 PM
How to export obj sequence out of maya? Is there a script for that?

AlphaJoe
04-26-2007, 05:01 AM

A sequence? Not sure if you can do that natively without scripting it. If you mean a normal obj file, just go to export and select obj from the file type list. If the obj format is not available, you will have to enable the plugin for it. Go to Window-> Settings/Preferences -> Plugin Manager. Scroll down until you see objExport. Check the loaded and auto load checkboxes and then obj will now be available as an export type.

Heiki
04-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Yes, it is easy to export a single obj, but I need to bake object animation to sequence of obj files.

We are rendering in max and we are using Point Oven to export all meshes. Problem appears when you are trying to export mesh with changing topology. Point Oven can't handle that. So only possible way I can imagine this could work is to export mesh out as a sequence.
Is there a solution for that?

I already exported all meshes frame by frame manually. Didn't take so long. 145frames, 45 minutes or so. But it would be nice to have automatic solution for that if there is a need to do it again.

sreedhar3d
04-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiki

from maya there is a FBX exporter version 2006.11 01 0 this works fine just download new version if you are useing maya new version and max new version this works well.

in maya 8.0 + there is geometry Cache system first you need to to geometry cache then make that cache in a selection set then export fbx (keep the file structure properly)

in options you select that selection set

if you are useing max 9.0 then this should work fine i tried with 8.0 but some problems were there.

hope this should work for you

CGTalk Moderation
04-26-2007, 07:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.