PDA

View Full Version : Inferno camera to Maya

mikeroy
04-02-2002, 07:26 PM
Anyone had any success with importing a flame/inferno camera into Maya?

Deepray
04-04-2002, 04:26 AM
i don't work with this software, but if it from discreet, it's easy to think that each program have a export to 3dsmax camera option... right?. After that, you can use programs like 3dxploration to convert this max file in another maya file. Try this. ;)

mestela
04-10-2002, 06:04 PM
There's a mel script to translate a maya camera into a discreet action, but I've not seen a script that goes the other way.

If you're keen though, I guess it'd be possible to hack the script to do what you want. You can find it here:

http://www.fxguide.com/modules.php?name=Tips&rop=showcontent&id=58

-matt

dpotter
04-26-2002, 11:18 AM
mikeroy:
I wrote 2 different versions of Inferno camera exporters for 3dsmax. One which writes Action, and another that writes .raw. Action gets kinda tricky and there's a bit of room for error. You can easily export .raw files from the Inferno/Flame, which are also quite easy to read. There shouldn't be any problem writing a mel script to import that data. I realize this is a bit late :) but if you'd like to have a look at my code (same principals as in maya), just drop me a line.
Dagan

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.