PDA

View Full Version : Photomatch or my eye ?

kerbouci
04-25-2007, 06:43 AM
Hi every body,
I'm working on a project in which I should put a 3D object into a real world ( a real image put onto a background object ...) .....you know., it's quite familiar for everyone.

what would you think ?

Should I use the camera mapping of the cinema (do it with my eye),
Or,
purchase the Vreel Photomatch plug which is not cheap.

PS:I've already tried the camera mapping ; the results are quite convincing

STRAT
04-25-2007, 07:39 AM
depends how experienced and confident you feel. personally, i'd eye it up every time. perhaps thats what you should do. it'll hone your skills, save you on extra software, and give much needed experience.

dan22
04-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Depends how often you will need to do this. It may be worth getting the plug-in if you see yourself doing this sort of thing frequently.

I think there may also be a free lite-version of PhotoMatch, if I'm not mistaken?

I usually eye it in myself when I do a photomontage, but if super-accuracy is crucial, then the best way to go is with a surveyor armed with a GPS laser device which can identify existing hard landscape/building features, and plot their reference points in 3D space, relative to a fixed, tripod mounted camera.
You can then import these points into your 3D model.
This makes camera matching much easier, with no guess-work involved, but has the add-on cost for the surveyor and a professional photographer, if your job can find the budget for them.

Cheers,

D.

therealpepe1
04-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Well I use it all the time. You can get the lite version with the puchase of his book titled
Cinema 4d 10 Workshop .

Nice plugin works pretty good once you get the basics plus the lite version entitles you to get full version at a discount.

Pe

wesware
04-25-2007, 02:33 PM
I think it depends upon how much you're going to be doing this in the future.
I would guess anyone doing Arch. vis. on a consistent basis would want it.
I have comped several things in by hand before. Not too big of a deal... you can always "fudge" it just a bit in PS as well.

It might be worth taking therealpepe1 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=253493)'s advice about the Lite version. Might be a good trial run.

Unfortunately, I've been a little down on plug-ins lately with all the casualties that happened with R10... but! I'd rather have R10 with no plugs than no progress from Maxon.

georgedrakakis
04-25-2007, 05:26 PM
hi kerbouci,
may be you wanna try a free utility called "CamerAdjust"

http://www.frenchcinema4d.fr/hub.php?doc=xpression&xpression=890

cheers,
george

LemonNado
04-25-2007, 05:37 PM
It's all fun with 'eye balling' till you hit lense distortion. Try to eye ball that correction...
The plugin does a great job for that as well. It's good for more than 'just' perspective correction.
Cheers
Rainer

kerbouci
04-25-2007, 06:58 PM
hi kerbouci,
may be you wanna try a free utility called "CamerAdjust"

http://www.frenchcinema4d.fr/hub.php?doc=xpression&xpression=890

cheers,
george

WOW !!
that's really a cool expression , and this is exactely waht I need .

Thanks to every one who posted a reply to my thread.
I really appriciate all your precious advices

CGTalk Moderation
04-25-2007, 06:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.