View Full Version : Hand rig

juako
04-25-2007, 02:54 AM
A new way to control hands rigs , really easy to make cool hand poses
http://www.sharecg.com/view.php?upload_id=2491

comments would be great , thanks:)

LucentDreams
04-26-2007, 06:25 PM
whats new or cool about it, it looks like a pretty standard hand rig?

juako
04-26-2007, 11:10 PM
if you are a Maya user, yes it does not have nothing new because you already have built-in the multyselect spinners.
In max you don't have that, so its really a pain on the ass to animate hands with spinners.
With this you don't have that problem any more:) .

labbejason
04-27-2007, 12:36 AM
not exactly a new arm rig, but the scripted controls are neat. this would make it alot easier for someone from maya to transfer over to max, and feel more comfortable with it. very nice, i like it alot.

juako
04-27-2007, 02:38 AM
Sorry for my English :rolleyes: . You are right labbejason its not a new rig, its a new script controller for max :) .
I'm going to make a plug-in so everybody can make them, the only problem is that when you select too many it became a little jerky, but for hands it works perfect.

LucentDreams
04-27-2007, 02:47 AM
ahh I see so its a newer capability you've made for max. Kind of mind blowing really that max can't do this back when I was animating in max i guess my needs were really simple. multiselecting params to animate is a necessity for me nowadays.

acamporota
04-30-2007, 09:43 PM
very usefull hand rig....great

marktsang
04-30-2007, 11:16 PM
hi,
i have been using a system a bit like this for some time now - mine is different in that you select the bones you want to curl and then use a slider on the command panel to curl them all - its fast and doesnt slow down even with 20 + bones - ill post a vid later

cheers,
mark

Ruramuq
04-30-2007, 11:29 PM
max 9 pb allows to curl all bones in a hierarchy at the same time

and there's parameter collector too

marktsang
05-02-2007, 05:50 PM
here is the way i do it

---> http://marktsang.sitesled.com/fingers.swf

thats in max 8

mark

juako
05-04-2007, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the comments , sorry for the delay :).
Its true that you can do this with parameter collector, but the selection method its horrible, you have to touch really small buttons to select them
marktsang vbmenu_register("postmenu_4363847", true); , nice rig!, i really like to be able to select the parts that i want to change and not read all those spinners.
The only thing I'm not sure about your rig its about the roller, can you roll only the 2 of the 3 parts of the finger?
The best would be a little bit of both , sometimes you need to select the parts on screen, sometime you don't want to touch nothing and move all thought spinners.

I'm going try working on that.

I'm working on a plug in to make this kind of spinners, all i need its time. vbmenu_register("postmenu_4363847", true);

marktsang
05-04-2007, 10:10 AM
hey there juako,
you select any of the bones you want to curl - any you have selected when you use the slider rotate you can rotate toes an fingers at the same time also - so its not limited to 2 or 3...

im not a big fan of spinners for fingers, i find it messy.

MOSS
05-05-2007, 10:02 PM
I would love to see this script!

I've been looking for something like this for a while.

juako
05-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Go to http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=98&t=495879
I made a generator for this kind of spinners :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-13-2007, 10:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.