PDA

View Full Version : Image Transformation

Psycrow
04-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Hi there,

I am looking for some advice concerning the transformation of Images. (think Photoshop >> ctrl+t). One solution already came to my mind (and works too) using triangles and Barycentric coordinates. And now im wondering if there maybe is a smarter and faster way of approaching this particular problem.

For those who dont know what i'm talking about, here is a picture.

http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exnj6.jpg

Thanks in advance...

MrTwister
04-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Try to use GDI++

MrTwister
04-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Try to use GDI+ or DirectX.

Psycrow
04-29-2007, 07:59 PM
To what end? Its no problem to draw the image. But rather how to calculate it.
so long...

UrbanFuturistic
04-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Well, you could always use certain UV mapping techniques(1) but... do you actually need to know the fastest algorithm? The reason everyone's suggesting GDI+ is because it gives you access to the 2D graphics hardware that has built in capabilities to do all this stuff for you, so unless there's a specific reason you need to know a good algorithm it's best to use GDI+ or some other 2D API like DirectDraw.

(1)There is a weird UV mapping technique I've read of that involves rotating a polygon from world space to orthographic flat space, the application of the UV coords would work here. Not the fastest of techniques for 3D though.

CGTalk Moderation
04-29-2007, 11:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.