PDA

View Full Version : nhm_challenge_snehalferrao

ferraosnehal
04-24-2007, 08:00 AM
HI everybody....this is my first real matte painting too...and first ever challenge...At first I thought that i would just take it up for practise but now after seeing the threads n stuff Im totally into it...So wish me luck as I wish the same for all of u...
:thumbsup:Spread the LOVE:thumbsup:

ferraosnehal
04-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Hey I know I just posted my thread ..but im looking forward to C&C ....was just browsing through all the threads posted prior to mine..and was amazed at some of the clean ups ..they r brilliant...also some of the concepts were similar to what i thought of ...so just got to think harder!:shrug:

Inlakechh
04-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey that's looking good. How about adding a slight shadow to the elements that have direct contact to the floor ? The images are pretty small to see all the details you worked on.
Don't worry too much to have the same concept as others here in this challenge, as the resultiung matte painting is going to look completely different anyway. keep it up :)

ferraosnehal
04-24-2007, 11:36 AM
K will check that out....i had to reduce the size 'coz the file size had to be 97kb only...:shrug: So happy to get a comment :D

Matellis
04-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Hey Snehal, Good extension and good to see you enter this challenge. Its a great way for us all to learn a lot , no matter if this is your 20th or first matte painting.

I am looking forward to more updates :D

Cheers

ferraosnehal
04-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah Matt thats true, Im learning alot...this blank canvas is so intimidating...gotta do some thumbnails.:rolleyes:

ferraosnehal
04-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Hey everybody...I 'accidently' opened a new thread and posted my work there...anyways going to repost it here...
C&C please
Thanks

Layer01
04-25-2007, 12:45 PM
oh thats a cool concept!

only thing is the perspective of back looks strange compared to the two side walls..
or maybe its the other way around..

ferraosnehal
04-25-2007, 01:31 PM
oh thats a cool concept!

only thing is the perspective of back looks strange compared to the two side walls..
or maybe its the other way around..

Hey thanks..the concept is just rough so havent kept a check on perspecive..thanks though :)

everlite
04-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Howdy :)

Yeh i agree, love the concept, looks really well, nice lighting, directs quite well. The main issue as mentioned above is the perspective of the two walls, the right side needs pulling back in, you could potentially break away the whole right side and just have that wall open. Really like the use of the lower levels, works well, though a little distorted.

On a final note, remember to try and be as photo-realistic as possible, also note the ratio/size needs to be more appropriate to matte painting :)

Good luck - Dave.

ferraosnehal
04-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Howdy :)

Yeh i agree, love the concept, looks really well, nice lighting, directs quite well. The main issue as mentioned above is the perspective of the two walls, the right side needs pulling back in, you could potentially break away the whole right side and just have that wall open. Really like the use of the lower levels, works well, though a little distorted.

On a final note, remember to try and be as photo-realistic as possible, also note the ratio/size needs to be more appropriate to matte painting :)

Good luck - Dave.

Hey Dave thanks for the feedback .....just want to clarify some of ur suggessions...what do u mean by 'just have an open wall' do u mean not have any architectre n just the caves rock face? Also what is the ratio/size of a matte :shrug: I not know wat it is.

vindow
04-26-2007, 07:10 AM
hi snehal really cool looking concept just like u.........
few suggs that walls r in 1 point perspective so staires and midle wall needs to match with them or other way round..... and u can have architecture more in rocks and all again some ruines around will help u to direct the attention.... and ration what dave is talking i think allowing matte to extend in some way will do it.... just need to sit and watch it 4 while u will get ur way......... and
ALL THE BEST............

ferraosnehal
04-26-2007, 07:21 AM
Hey More ..thanks ..will work on it n try n get it right. :D

ferraosnehal
04-26-2007, 10:18 AM
HI made a couple of changes ..got rid of that wall n flipped the canvas ..i think it makes a more interesting composition.

bechira
04-26-2007, 10:45 AM
I like the mood and lighting of your concept, but try to move the center of interest from the middle of the comp. I suggest to make the building twice big as now and try to move it to the right, to have a balance between the stairs at the end of the building and the cave opening.
Can't wait to see more.

SoniaNotRed
04-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Looking promising! Love that blue! :thumbsup:

Ivy00
04-26-2007, 02:09 PM
very cool :) This is going to be awesome

ferraosnehal
04-27-2007, 06:18 AM
hey guys thanks for ur feedback....hope i can work all the kinks out of it n bring it to a photorealistic level....:scream:

milanschere
04-27-2007, 09:39 AM
oy, i like your concept as well.
giving yourself quite the challenge there. be carefull wit the perspective.
you might wanna try curving it like a panned layout/bg. that way you'd already have the cam solved as well. thumbs up...

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2007, 09:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.