PDA

View Full Version : Having some major trouble with 3D

koufuyo
04-24-2007, 06:31 AM
Alright, I haven't modeled anything in months because I've been buffering my 2D photoshop skills. I'm a tad rusty and was wondering what you all think would be best fortify my 3D. I haven't been taught anything in terms of UV mapping, fur,cloth, good rendering or beam effects and was wondering if anyone could help. By the way I'm using Maya 7. Also I'm not sure if my progress is on par, I'm going to be a 2 1/2 year college student when I go to the art institute in July. I able to animate though. Also I'm having trouble modeling a fat creature, do any of you have any references for fat folks?

Also what do you think of the figures I've modeled in the past? (November 2006)

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r225/koufuyo/koufuyoside.jpg

If your wondering this is a 3D model of my monster hero, Koufuyo. This creature has a bizarre coat and has wavy plates for hair.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53299873/

Gephoria
04-24-2007, 02:44 PM
well as for fat creatures, america has alot of those around, i'm sure if u google america u can dig up somethinig about it, or obesity, as for the possible secondary animation involved with obese creatures, thats a whole different story, as for your model i gotta admit i like it although i can barely tell where the face is, the batwings in front by the (what i think is the) neck really grabs my attention more than the rest of the model, once you UV map it out it should be better though

koufuyo
04-24-2007, 05:31 PM
well as for fat creatures, america has alot of those around, i'm sure if u google america u can dig up somethinig about it, or obesity, as for the possible secondary animation involved with obese creatures, thats a whole different story, as for your model i gotta admit i like it although i can barely tell where the face is, the batwings in front by the (what i think is the) neck really grabs my attention more than the rest of the model, once you UV map it out it should be better though

About that, I haven't been taught UV yet. Does anyone have a good tutorial?

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2007, 05:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.