PDA

View Full Version : Bird-of-prey animation (Traditional)

july
04-24-2007, 02:16 AM
Hello,

Its been quite a while since I logged on to CGTalk. Ive just made a post in regards to some falcon animation I made a while back; thought Id share it with you.

To me, to successfully breath life into our animation, wed spent a great deal of time to study our subject matter from life, hopefully to capture some spiritual essence of the subject. Very luckily for me at the time, there was a pair of wild Peregrine falcon happened to reside on the rooftop of the building where I was then worked. They would come and perched at the ledges of my window often. While the film was unfortunately not a memorable one, the experience of seeing these falcon was definitely something that would just stay with me!

Here is a link to this video clip with footages of my once neighbor falcon, then followed by some animation I made (1 Min./8.64 MB) -

http://rainplace.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/rainplace-falcon.mov

For the full article, please visit-

http://www.rainplace.net/

Thank you and hope that youll like what youll find!!!

NickWhitmire
04-25-2007, 03:32 PM
beautiful bird animation.............lovin the first part where she/he takes off and pounces of the thing and flys out. awesome

would love to see more!

-nick

PuGs
04-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Wow i love traditional animation. Great Job! 4 stars

july
05-01-2007, 03:27 AM
Thank you very much Nick and PuGs for your feedbacks!

Most of the animation in the clip you saw came from a film called Quest for Camelot from Warner Bros. Features Animation during the 2-D booms period. The film was not very good at all...so i don't remommend. Much lost opportunities during those period of time for the 2-D medium.

It will be a long hard road for 2-D to climb back to the center stage...

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2007, 03:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.