PDA

View Full Version : possible to inherit new texture coordinates onto a current mudbox model?

Carter88
04-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Hey,

I've run into a pretty bad problem, while working midway through my mudbox model working off the lowpoly version i had already unwrapped. I realised i had overlapped most of the polys to save space - i've now learnt you can't do this with normal maps so now im stuck with a near complete high poly model with incorrect texture coordinates - is there anyway to inherit new coordinates from a newer file? I really don't fancy redoing the model again :sad:

Thanks for your time

oglu
04-24-2007, 05:53 AM
export level0 and redo the uvs...
import level0 into mud and generate the normals... use the highpoly file in the baker...

or import level0 subD them up to the same level as your highpoly an import the highpoly as layer...

Carter88
04-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the reply,

I only have one layer on the model so i can't properly remap it :scream:

The second method seems to crash with an unknown error whenever i try to import the high poly mud file as a new layer

Again thanks for your help

Carter88
04-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Ok quick update i've finally got the import layer thing to recognize the newer file and its baked out this:
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7233/almosttherexk5.jpg

Im presuming the parts mainly to the far right are still overlapping elements correct? If so i've finally done it - woo!

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2007, 04:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.