PDA

View Full Version : Vue 5 & Vue 6

msgcg
04-23-2007, 09:35 AM
hi guys..

i am having a problem with vue 6 .. when i open a file saved with vue 5 in vue 6 , i am having a different rendered image (the lighting is way different)??!!

why is this happening ? i mean, is there is any difference between Vue 5 and Vue 6 in the way they handle the lighting in the same file ?

any help will be appretiated.

chippwalters
04-24-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm pretty sure the renderings will be different from Vue5 to Vue6...all things considered. There has been a lot of work done in the Radiosity and other render settings (including anti-aliasing as well).

msgcg
04-25-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm pretty sure the renderings will be different from Vue5 to Vue6...all things considered. There has been a lot of work done in the Radiosity and other render settings (including anti-aliasing as well).

?? so i have to change some setting in order to maintain the same render with 5 ?

btw this is sooo stupid ... i mean they change their software and i have to change things to get the file to render correctly !!!

chippwalters
04-25-2007, 09:23 AM
btw this is sooo stupid ... i mean they change their software and i have to change things to get the file to render correctly !!!

Stupid, maybe. But I know this is true for many other rendering packages as well. You certainly can't take an old Lightwave 6 scene and open it up in Lightwave 9 and get the exact same rendering either.

msgcg
04-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Stupid, maybe. But I know this is true for many other rendering packages as well. You certainly can't take an old Lightwave 6 scene and open it up in Lightwave 9 and get the exact same rendering either.

i know that you are right , but still its huge difference.

ok now i someone uses Vue 6 plzzz tell the differences that i should take into consider when trying to achieve a nice realstic exterior scene .. thnx guys

bruno021
04-26-2007, 10:19 PM
The difference could also come from the atmosphere that was used in Vue5. Some have been updated with Vue6, check the atmosphere editor for parameter changes.

msgcg
04-27-2007, 09:23 AM
The difference could also come from the atmosphere that was used in Vue5. Some have been updated with Vue6, check the atmosphere editor for parameter changes.

i used normal GI atmosphere ?
can i post the atm file so someone could verify this ???

bruno021
04-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Well, I have deleted Vue5, so I can't help. But some GI atmos have definitely been altered in Vue6.

msgcg
05-03-2007, 08:48 AM
guys i figured it out .. i think the reason is that when i open vue 5 file in vue 6 the sky gain attribute set to 0 for some reason . so just set this one back to its original value (1.5 for me) and everything will be great.

thnx for the support

Ian Rite
05-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Have you tried to use the old scene converter that is in the cd?
"tools" dir, "old scene converter.exe"

msgcg
05-25-2007, 10:24 PM
thnx man for the replay.... i tried it and it works like charm ..

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2007, 10:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.