PDA

View Full Version : nhmchallenge Ekarat..

Ekarat
04-23-2007, 05:10 AM
Hi,

I saw this challenge and find it interesting so would like to have a go. Please feel free to comment as I would like to improve my skill.

Here I started off with setting up the perspective guide or else I would be totally lost.

Ekarat
04-23-2007, 05:12 AM
Clean plate.

Ekarat
04-23-2007, 05:15 AM
Making the building look old and test lighting.

SoniaNotRed
04-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Looking good so far, although the last one is a bit dark (at least on my screen).

Ekarat
04-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Looking good so far, although the last one is a bit dark (at least on my screen).

Really? Wondering if anyone else also see the last pic too dark? please let me know but I've been using this monitor for doing digital retouch for over a year and have no problem with the out put (I use Apple cinema display).

SoniaNotRed
04-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Well, it's just that I can't see any details on the lower arches area unless I really pump up the brightness on my screen. But since I usually keep the brightness level low and the size of your pic is a bit small, it might not look as dark to other people... :shrug: My screen isn't properly calibrated or anything.

Ekarat
04-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Well, it's just that I can't see any details on the lower arches area unless I really pump up the brightness on my screen. But since I usually keep the brightness level low and the size of your pic is a bit small, it might not look as dark to other people... :shrug: My screen isn't properly calibrated or anything.

I'm just wondering about the size of the picture, do I hvae to be a paid member to be able to post large size pic cause I limited to the size of 90k something for uploading pic.

bechira
04-27-2007, 02:18 PM
U can use another web server (free or paid) to upload your images at any size/quality and then insert the img link here.

JJASSO
04-27-2007, 06:43 PM
, it's looking good so far, I hope we all can see larger images, use www.imageshack.us (http://www.imageshack.us) to upload images and later re link them to your post . nice mood you're doing , with that volumetric light is looking good, keep it up

Ekarat
04-30-2007, 01:56 AM
After a few days of thought, I decided to goahead with the ice age theme since Britain was covered in ice long long time ago.
Here I started painting in the snow and ice and some stock photos of snow and will move on to the roof and windows next.
I've uploaded the image to the imageshack as suggested by Jamesvfx thanks!!! hope it work...

http://img250.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nhmchallenge01ab5.jpg

Ekarat
04-30-2007, 02:00 AM
Hmmm... the image's not showing must have done someting wrong here...

SoniaNotRed
04-30-2007, 10:49 AM
You have to click the mountain icon (when you post) and paste that link in the window that shows up.

Looking real cold. Brrrrrr! :)

Ivy00
04-30-2007, 11:19 AM
The first one does not look so dark to me the details are lost. You might want to check your dark points on your monitor Sonia. I had that problem with my old pc/monitor and always thought this forum was black it was so bad , ha ha.

Looking good Ekarat, I am doing a frozen theme also :)

JJASSO
05-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Ęthe second one is a little confusing , you took out all the architecture color and I can see some blue on the snow, I agreee about the loss of detail here, and that snow has some sun light hitting , and now it is already inside so try to change the snow lighting for a darker one

Ekarat
05-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Ęthe second one is a little confusing , you took out all the architecture color and I can see some blue on the snow, I agreee about the loss of detail here, and that snow has some sun light hitting , and now it is already inside so try to change the snow lighting for a darker one

Thanks for the comment James. At the moment I'm just laying down the pieces just getting everythings inplace first then I'll work on the overall lighting and details etc.

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2007, 01:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.