PDA

View Full Version : Sitio do Pica-Pau Amarelo

Cadinho
04-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi!

This is our latest work.

There´s a children story here in Brazil called Sitio do Pica-pau Amarelo, which is about the daily adventures of fantasy characters in a enchanted farm. The story has been created by Monteiro Lobato (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monteiro_Lobato) , one of Brazil's most influential writers.
TV Globo (http://redeglobo.globo.com/), where the show is aired, gave us the extraordinary opportunity to do make this sequence for the Show.

Here´s the result.

Sitio do Pica-pau Amarelo (http://www.seagullsfly.com/videos/sitio_pica_pau.zip)

Title: Sitio do Pica-pau Amarelo
Name: SeagullsFly's Team
Software: 3ds max, Mental Ray, After Effects, Combustion
Client: TV Globo

We also would like to say a huge THANK YOU for Ivan Oviedo, who helped us a lot in the animation process

Hope you all like it. Critics are welcome! :thumbsup:

marciowski
04-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Awesome!

The Doll animation is absolutely awesome! Just Brilliant!
I love that part when she is dazy.

I like her hair too.

From Seagulls fly, this is my favorite right now.

Congratulations!

Abraciowskis

PVexler
04-22-2007, 10:16 PM
I cant seem to open the file man, it gives me corrupt rar file all the time :(

biriba
04-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Hey Guys,

Great work as usual :) Front page material!
Like Buko said, one of my favorites so far.

Cheers,

Ricardo

PVexler
04-22-2007, 10:52 PM
ok, worked!

Awesome, so cute and naive.
love the concept and design, animation is ok, how many people worked on the animation? it felt like there were some animation gaps, i dont know... :D

tc
04-22-2007, 11:05 PM
My favorite from you guys.

ivanisavich
04-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Absolutely terrible, offensive and vile. I'm giving you 1 star to put you in your place, and I would not watch it again.

....just kidding Ricardo! You know I loved it man!!! All of the animations were great (especially the girl with the long brown hair...how'd you do that hair???)....the company that gets this as the intro to their tv show is friggin lucky!

Cadinho
04-23-2007, 01:45 AM
Hey guys! A lot of comments already!

Well, it was a loooooot of fun to work on this video!! Reading your comments is almost as cool as doing it! :)

Ivanisavich, or T (easier to spell), I´m glad you liked! The hair has been done using Soft bodies, Cloth and reactor...

:rolleyes:

Just kidding! It has been done manually, using standard bones system. :)

fabmoraes
04-23-2007, 03:43 AM
It is always great to work with so many talented professionals in Seagulls Fly. This work was awesome to do with you guys, even in the rush it was.
That`s still better with the great feedback.

Congratulations to Seagulls Fly team!!!

Lupus3D
04-23-2007, 03:51 AM
images/icons/icon3.gif Very Nice job!! Excellent!! images/icons/icon13.gifimages/icons/icon13.gifimages/icons/icon13.gif

AlexandroCastro
04-23-2007, 03:57 AM
Excelent work AGAIN rsrsrsr.

SuperXCM
04-23-2007, 10:34 AM
I can't open the file... :cry:

vitorvilela
04-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Lovely piece guys!

Great animation and art direction as always :)
Front page stuff, for sure!

Congratulations!

Abraços

prezoto
04-23-2007, 09:40 PM
You guys did an outstanding job!
It´s very nice to have this kind of quality in children´s TV Shows going in national network.
Beautiful concepts and colors, and great animations along the sequence.
Thanks for doing your best for our culture! Monteiro Lobato would be proud.
congratulations for the crew!

Abraços!

grury
04-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Oh boy! That brings back some childwood memories.

Fantastic over all, specially the animation.

Banshax
04-24-2007, 04:08 PM
excellent work! High quality on such a broad scale, most impressive

StephanRiederer
04-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Woah!!! Congratz! This job is awesome! Im proud of being brazuca! heheheh Abraçsssss

ronbrito
04-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Amazing... everything perfect! 5 stars!!!

mrflynn
04-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Its a really great piece Cad, and thankyou for the honest crits, one day il get there ;)

felis
04-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Super sweet!

AndHolzmeister
04-27-2007, 01:49 AM
Even that we have lost this job to you guys i can't say less than a great congratulations to the team! You guys rock a lot! Everything if fantastic here, the Emilia shot is surely the best one!
Wish i have worked on this one :(

Congratulations to you guys once again, and this is frontpage stuff! I can´t understand why it is not yet there!

dcmoutinho
04-27-2007, 05:36 PM
beuatiful work !
congratulations for all :thumbsup:

3DMadness
04-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Amazing work! 5 stars for sure!

It's beautiful and the animation is great, a great reference for me in all aspects. :)

A making of would be nice... :D

Cheers!

Flávio

Borges
04-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Wonderful, fantastic!
Realmente ver materiais deste nível me deixa muito feliz e orgulhoso por ser brasileiro e fazer parte desta geração de novos artistas digitais. Parabéns!
obs.: Quando será que esse país vai finalmente estruturar uma industria cinematográfica para que possamos desenvolver todo o nosso potencial artístico e ajudar também a impulsionar o crescimento econômico do país?

ZNP
04-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Sure reality has much less glamour as we would like to know, and i'm just assuming this cute and naif video has nothing to do with the fairly high numbers of infant abuse in Brazil.

Or you just want to show a sexy "cloth doll" in sexy clothes hoping no one ever would think about this subtle detail just because you live in a country where it's ok to have sex with underage people? Better people then you are getting rotten in Guantanamo for much less.

Your video is despicably dirty, although extreme animation skill and overall art direction were shown. Loved that first transition from book to "live". Colors are also very pleasurable and modeling is as good as usual. Eager to see more from you.

Dirty, dirty video nonetheless.

Cadinho
04-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Hey!

Wow! Lots of comments here! Thank you for everything!

SuperXCM: What is happening?!

Vitor Vilela: Good to hear from you again!

Holzmeister: Hey man. Come on... Stop saying that! Besides, the flipping book opening sequence of this same show, that your team did some little time ago was amazing! You should post it here! :)

Borges: Goos question, dude?! (Next time try to write in english since this is an international forum... :)

ZNP: Man, you are such a character! I think that this time you will get banned (again)... :D For the moderators, don´t listen to him! ZNP is a close friend of ours and this is his way of saying that he loved the piece. With this talent, he should be at a play or something... ZNP = Sarcasm :applause:

AndHolzmeister
04-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Hey Cadinho, thank you but unfotunately, as employees, we are not allowed to post the works we have done for TV Globo, but anyways you could see some of them in my personal portfolio, you will not find that one because i only did the lighting and was a preety fast task, so i decided to not include it there...

ZNP - This kind of discussion could be resolved in just one place, and you know where! Next time we meet CODfest!

madeofpoly
04-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Awesome work guys as usual!! I am still trying to find something you guys do that i don't like :) keep up the great work

Luis

CGTalk Moderation
04-28-2007, 05:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.