PDA

View Full Version : Getting it in to UT

Chris Ollis
04-02-2002, 03:41 PM
Hi there, I knocked up a model for Unreal Tournament at the weekend, I animated all the necessary movements and then........

realised I have no idea where to go from here.

Does anyone know how to export from MAX in to UT?

I've grabbed Actor X, think I've got to use AMS........
but it's all a bit vague.

Anyone know how and is willing to write it all out in nice simple terms for me? or know where a good Tutorial is?

Cheers

Chris:thumbsup:

Chris Ollis
04-05-2002, 05:06 PM
I sort of got it in, but it eventually fell over.

I take it no one knows then?..............

schmu_20mol
04-05-2002, 07:56 PM
ok first of all a lil' search would save your probs ;)....ok i found some tuts on http://planetunreal.com/epicknights/tutorials.shtml ...just check them out... and have a look at the rest of planetut.com ...i'm not playing ut (prefer q3) and i'm not using max so you have to check that out...can't tell you i've the tuts are good....just check it out ;)

Chris Ollis
04-05-2002, 08:00 PM
I've been through them, they're a little hit and miss and you have to do things exactly how they want them - not much room for manoeuvre.

I was hoping someone either had their own way of doing it that was a miracle shortcut or a link to a magical undiscovered site!

schmu_20mol
04-05-2002, 08:12 PM
bad luck ;(

MosaFacku
04-10-2002, 12:48 AM
www.polycount.com thats the resource for all of your gaming model needs. i have exported to UT many a time. the tutorials at polycount are great reference. there are many different ways to export to UT from max, actorX is a rather new way. there should be tuts on the site, if not, go an older way ;) it took me a full day of editing unreal scripts and stuff like that and i was able to get the hang of it pretty quick. its not that hard, it just some work. go forth and export my friend!!

Chris Ollis
04-10-2002, 01:02 PM
Cheers for the help.

I eventually forced a mesh in last weekend, but I'm not too happy with it, so I've given up.

I'll wait to see if UT2003 has a better import/export feature - like GMAX! - that would be cool.

Chris

Nazgul
04-10-2002, 05:39 PM
Have you tried importing your mesh in Milkshape and then exporting it to UT? Don't know if it's feasible..but I think I remember some people using it for just that...

http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.