PDA

View Full Version : CryEngine 2 and Mudbox

joelrodrigues
04-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Hi folks,

I was watching a Crytek presentation at GDC 2007. In one slide, there are the following informations:

=========================
3D PACKAGES
- CryEngine Exporter fully integrated into Autodesk 3ds Max
- Open for other packages (Collada)
- ZBrush data via OBJ directly into PolyBump 2
=========================

My question is about the OBJ file: they mentioned that ZBrush data via OBJ directly into PolyBump 2. Do you think it would be possible to use MudBox (instead Zbrush), since MudBox also exports to a OBJ file?

Thx. for your attention

Best regards!

perham3d
04-22-2007, 04:41 PM
the only problem i cud see happining is possible with uv maps. zbrush does it for you where as mudbox you have to have it all done first.

joelrodrigues
04-23-2007, 01:08 AM
Thx dude... Unhappily, it seems i will need learn Zbrush... I really love Mudbox but as i need create assets for CryEngine2, i will need to have Zbrush skills too.

oglu
04-23-2007, 07:19 AM
crytek is using mudbox as well... specially for creating really heavy normalmaps...

the only problem i cud see happining is possible with uv maps. zbrush does it for you where as mudbox you have to have it all done first.

you can do the uvw job afterwards in max, xsi, maya... and import them back into mud...
and for game stuff you need clean uvs... not the zbrush one klick crap...

joelrodrigues
04-23-2007, 10:06 AM
crytek is using mudbox as well... specially for creating really heavy normalmaps...
you can do the uvw job afterwards in max, xsi, maya... and import them back into mud...
and for game stuff you need clean uvs... not the zbrush one klick crap...

Uhhh... I didnīt think about that. Thanks very much!
So, it seems i can use Mudbox too. I am happy now! :)

By the way, Mudbox is in itīs 1.0 version and it came with so much features and a easy interface. I am sure next version will fill (almost) everything Zbrush does and Mudbox doesnīt. have.

Thx. oglu!

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2007, 10:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.