PDA

View Full Version : Vue6 Ple

eworc
04-22-2007, 07:04 AM
hmmmmm. Received an email to download a PLE version of Vue 6 Infinite and xStream but the link, from the very beginning has not worked.

Anybody else get the email and hear about why they released this in the newsletter but we can't download the software?

I haven't seen a mention of this version on any forums, including the E-on forum. I posted this there as well.

Here is a link:
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/about/newsletter/041207

WillBellJr
04-22-2007, 06:32 PM
I received the same email earlier last week - I downloaded and installed it no problem??

Still haven't had time to really play around with it...

Perhaps they were overloaded with download requests? Or perhaps they discovered a problem with the version released.

-Will

ANGEL_OF_WAR
04-22-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm downloading it right now. Anyone used it yet? What are your thoughts?

eworc
04-23-2007, 04:52 AM
Still doesn't work for me. I get a 400 bad page request error. Oh well.

buzzman
04-23-2007, 01:43 PM
I downloaded it Friday but I can't get it to work with Maya 8.5. I get an error message when I try to load the plugin in Maya's plugin manager: // Error: Plug-in, "Vue6xStream" was compiled against too old a version of the Maya API and is thus incompatible with the current Maya version. (Vue6xStream) //

zzyzx
04-24-2007, 09:11 PM
I had the same problem trying to download it from the email link using Firefox. I cut and pasted the URL from Firefox into Internet Explorer and it worked fine.

bruno021
04-26-2007, 10:21 PM
buzzman, xStream doesn't work yet with Maya 8.5, an update should be released soon, since Autodesk & e-on are working on this. But I'm not sure the PLE will be updated.

TBoxman
05-18-2007, 11:10 AM
I can't download the PLE either. I've tried downloading both the torrent file and the direct download itself, from both Safari and Firefox. No go.

What gives?
Any word from e-on Software?

Thank you,
Terry

abudabi
05-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Downloading problems here also!

Sulla
05-19-2007, 06:52 AM
I am having the same problem. Tried both opera and IE. Would be nice if they had some mirrors up.

scanmead
05-19-2007, 09:57 AM
I had the same problem with the dl link in Opera and IE, and when I tried to login at
e-on using the password they sent. I created a "new account" using the same name with a new password, and, when I logged in, there was a dl link that worked. *whew*

Hope this works for anyone else having problems.

Haeberle
05-19-2007, 10:22 AM
yeah scanmead, that did the trick :-) thx for posting

xzevlin
05-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks scanmead! I tried over and over to get it yesterday, only to get it on the first try by logging in. I sent e-on an email telling them about it, hopefully they fix it. Grabbing a PLE shouldn't be so frustrating.

cresshead
05-21-2007, 11:29 PM
so what are the restictions of the PLE?
are there watermarked interface and or renders?
is there a rendersize restriction?

Haeberle
05-22-2007, 06:46 AM
so what are the restictions of the PLE?
are there watermarked interface and or renders?
is there a rendersize restriction?

no rendersize restrictions but watermarked (heavy !) + logo on right bottom side
for first 30 days no watermark on renders up to 800x600
no exchange with other users possible

export function enabled (afaik), but haven't tested this yet
comes with plugins for max

abudabi
05-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Guys Im having problems with PLE.
I download the file, and then I extrsct it and got an file Vue6PLEWin, wich doesnt have an extension :-(
What the hell now?!

Haeberle
05-31-2007, 11:28 AM
Guys Im having problems with PLE.
I download the file, and then I extrsct it and got an file Vue6PLEWin, wich doesnt have an extension :-(
What the hell now?!

what size does this file have ? (321mb unzipped here)

after extracting I got a folder called "Vue 6 PLE Install" which contains three subfolders and the setup.exe.

abudabi
05-31-2007, 04:52 PM
315 Mb after extract!
I download it from server, But I didnt got any folder after extraction :-(
What the hells going on here?!

whitearena
06-01-2007, 01:38 PM
315 Mb after extract!
I download it from server, But I didnt got any folder after extraction :-(
What the hells going on here?!

Try to open the file without the extension with Winrar, donīt extract anything.

My apologies if I understood Your problem in a wrong way.. :)

perfahl
07-03-2007, 03:34 PM
hi there! i have downloaded vue6xstreample, installed it with max9 64bit but it does not work. you can open scenes in max but you can not render. in my case the vue6xstream.dll is empty so there is a error message from MR everytime i start max.
the vue synchro plugin doesnot work either.....so for my intensions (test compatibility vue6 max9) this ple is just a waste of time.there are updates for the full version to solve this problems but not for the ple...

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2007, 03:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.