PDA

View Full Version : Corrective Blendshapes Popping

Xenophobe
04-21-2007, 05:50 PM
I've just finished painting weights for a character and now I'm in the process of making the corrective blendshapes.

For the elbow I've created a blendshape with an inbetween for the joint at a 90o and 130o rotation. The problem is that after applying the blendshape, when I rotate the elbow the mesh pops through the blendshape inbetween.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

djx
04-22-2007, 08:06 AM
Could you be more specific about the method you are using? Are these shapes controlled by the driven-key method or are you using one of the plugins?

By saying "pops through the blendshape inbetween", do you mean that instead of a smooth transition you are seeing an obvious, sudden change of shape? If you are using driven keys, then you would need to play with shape of the animation curves to control the timing and strength of the overlap between the corrective shapes.

I use the poseDeformer plugin and it handles this kind of problem at several levels so that you get very good control of the blend between the different shapes.

Xenophobe
04-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Yes, the shapes are controlled by SDK, but I have used the BSpiritCorrectiveShape plugin to make each one of them. Anyway, I'm starting to figure this problem out, thanks.

But now I have another question: after finishing blendshapes in one half of the model, is there a way to "mirror" everything to the other half? I've spent hours only with the left elbow, can't imagine doing everything again for the right one!

Thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
04-22-2007, 02:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.