PDA

View Full Version : dumby seeking uv understanding

Masteryoda90
03-11-2003, 04:56 PM
I kind of feel stupid asking this but this is something I need to learn. When it comes to UV maping are there any real basic or extremely dumbdefied or hand holding tutorials on uv maping because I am a tad confused when looking on the newtek website tutorials. I understand the perncipals behind uv maping and what there best used for. I just donít understand how to use it as a tool in improving my texturing skills. (do this make senses?)

oxygen_77
03-11-2003, 05:49 PM
If you aren't currently having problems with the way your textures look then you probably don't need to use UV's. Just a thought! Can't help with the tut's though, sorry...

leigh
03-11-2003, 05:56 PM
What exactly don't you understand?

UV mapping isn't something that will "improve your texturing skills", since it is an entire technique in itself. It is a method of texturing :)

Masteryoda90
03-11-2003, 06:47 PM
I do not understand how to implement it or use that technique. I read your articles on texturing Leigh so I know what uv is and the defrent settings just need something showing me the technique and braking it down as he or she goes

leigh
03-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Well, if you understand the ideas behind it (as you do), then it's just a matter of taking your model, selecting the polys you want to unwrap, and clicking the New UV Map button. Since you have read my dummies write-up, you should be comfortable with choosing what projection to use and so on :)

Masteryoda90
03-11-2003, 07:22 PM
ok thanks Leigh:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.