It goes like this :deal:

3DL,
Technical Animator
Ubisoft

to

3DL,
Character Rigger
Beenox Studio / Activision

I :love: LOVE :love: my job :deal: First day at work was monday and IT'S AWESOME ( the job and the studio :thumbsup: )

ErikSvensson
04-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Congrats buddy! Sounds awesome. :thumbsup: :applause:

Erik

Kh4rn
04-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Thatís great, sounds like a dream job, I wish you luck.

I was looking at your demo reel and I really like how when the character looks at something the upper body follows in a delayed manner. I've never seen that before. Can you explain the basic concept of this method or what type of constrains are needed.

Good luck again and thanks.

EricDLegare
04-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Thatís great, sounds like a dream job, I wish you luck.

I was looking at your demo reel and I really like how when the character looks at something the upper body follows in a delayed manner. I've never seen that before. Can you explain the basic concept of this method or what type of constrains are needed.

Good luck again and thanks.

This was a quick demo I had to do at work ( some time ago ) to show to the programmers how the look at should work for the entire body in the game engine...

Basicly it's just a bunch of reactions manager, driven by the rotation of an object, the fancy thing for this was to use the rotation of a look-ated object to drive a reaction, I had to use the ExposeTransform helper to help :deal:

-edit-

LoL, nothing is named in this scene, it was just a quick test so don't judge me on this one :P

Kh4rn
04-21-2007, 04:00 PM
oh that makes sence. well thanks for the reply and GL again

Sreames
04-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Awesome reel dude. I've recently decided I want to get into Rigging as well, now that I'm in Character Rigging class. Hope everything goes well for you. I'd keep working on my demo reel if I was you, to keep it up to date with your skills.

EricDLegare
04-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Awesome reel dude. I've recently decided I want to get into Rigging as well, now that I'm in Character Rigging class. Hope everything goes well for you. I'd keep working on my demo reel if I was you, to keep it up to date with your skills.

Well this is my WIP REEL :P it's not showing any recent rig or any FINISHED rig :deal: ( it's a quick reel I made to show Beenox that I was capable of Rigging ;P )

Mainly because of things like '' the game is not out yet so you can't show your rigs '' and the Tauren is so WIP, a lot of work to come ;P

But yes, as soon as I finish the Tauren, my REAL REEL ( lol ) will start :deal:

I will also be posting the TAUREN RIG PROJECT THREAD :P soon ( when '' 3DL's Muscle System II will be ready :P )

Sreames
04-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Well this is my WIP REEL :P it's not showing any recent rig or any FINISHED rig :deal: ( it's a quick reel I made to show Beenox that I was capable of Rigging ;P )

Mainly because of things like '' the game is not out yet so you can't show your rigs '' and the Tauren is so WIP, a lot of work to come ;P

But yes, as soon as I finish the Tauren, my REAL REEL ( lol ) will start :deal:

I will also be posting the TAUREN RIG PROJECT THREAD :P soon ( when '' 3DL's Muscle System II will be ready :P )

Cool stuff. I'll be looking forward to it.

eek
04-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Congratulations!

EricDLegare
04-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Not only that, but it's also MY 100th POST on CgTalk ! :applause:

sakeo
05-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Felicitation ;)

EricDLegare
05-01-2007, 04:03 PM
:thumbsup: Marci :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2007, 04:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.